Comfort

" Well god damn that's dark " Ray mumbled with a frown plastered on her lips, her ruby red eyes narrowed, her eyebrows furrowed in worry as she set down a cup of hot cocoa in her best friend's hands that she had gotten from a nurse before sitting on the floor in front of the pinkette's hospital bed resting her arms on the stiff mattress.

Todoroki made a noise of agreement as he shifted Cassie's body that was wrapped up in a blanket cocoon on his lap. " Ryu now does not seem like the appropriate time to make jokes right now." the boy cautioned frowning slightly at the blue haired female who shot him a pointed stare.

Cassie just listened quietly from her blanket bundle, her tanned hands clutching at the cocoa mug that Ray had handed her gingerly sipping at the scalding hot liquid inside. She had just finished telling the two about what had happened with her father and her returned memory.

To both of their credits they were trying their best to comfort the girl but nothing seemed to be working. Cassie sniffled softly rubbing at her eyes, growing tired. She now knew it wasn't her dad who killed her mom so in a way she had no idea who to be angry at anymore and it confused the poor girl to no end. She had an idea of who had done it but she couldn't be sure.

The three students were in the hospital, Ray having been scraped up from the fights she was in and Todoroki whom was wrapped up in bandages. It was almost comical that the boy who was clad in a blue hospital gown and bandages was protectively holding his girlfriend in his lap despite her tiny protests.

Cassie rolled off Todoroki's lap curling up next to his right side, finding comfort in the warmth that radiated from his body. Todoroki shifted back so he was also laying down once more wrapping the smaller girl in his arms acting as the big spoon to her little spoon.

Ray placed her chin on top of her fist as if she were contemplating something. " Now that you have your memories back, what are you going to do?" She asked softly looking at her best friend with concern present on her face.

Cassie closed her eyes thinking for a second before opening them and glancing at her hands for a second, her hands which just yesterday had been covered in blood that wasn't hers. She hadn't mentioned to either of them that once she had woken up in her hospital room she had immediately ran to the bathroom to wash the non existent blood of her father off her hands because she could still feel the warm liquid staining her fingers, even now she could still feel it crusted under her nails even though it actually wasn't.

" I'll continue to train and become the hero my father couldn't be, but I won't let the commission control me like they did with him. " the pinkette whispered to her companions. Ray nodded her head, extending her hand out ruffling her friend's hair gently. She wasn't the best at comforting people but she was trying. Todoroki tightened his arms around Cassie's waist nestling his head against her shoulder gently.

The pinkette smiled softly, slowly her sadness ebbed away at her best friend and boyfriends concern and she felt almost full again. She would get through this it wasn't like she knew her dad enough to grieve who he was, only who he could have been which in a way was easier for her to handle, she just needed time. Cassie laughed softly, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes as she furiously rubbed them away.

She couldn't help but wonder if she were a terrible person for realizing she didn't have much to grieve over. In a way what she was feeling wasn't grief in the first place, it was shock, the shock of getting her memory back, reuniting with her father and then watching him die in-front of her just like her mother had when she was a little girl.

" Why are you crying?" Ray asked, sounding a little panicked and Cassie was quick to shake her hands quickly. " No no, these are happy tears I promise." Cassie whispered gently, grabbing her friends hands with her own, smiling the best she could. " I'm just glad I have you both here with me." Cassie explained to the two people next to her. She was telling the truth for the most part, but she secretly knew that both her friend and boyfriend picked up on the underlying sadness in her tone though they didn't mention it.

Todoroki nodded his head lifting his head from her shoulder to kiss her lips gently, Ray making a gagging noise in mock disgust. " Okay bye losers I'm going to go check on Mirio." The blue haired girl stood up making her way to the door.