Cassie's sickly shenanigans

A loud raspy cough erupted from the pinkette as her body jerked violently upright in bed, her small tanned hands clutching at her chest with a loud groan. She had just woken up a little bit ago and her body had not stopped screaming at her to lay the fuck down again.

Running her fingers angrily through her long, tangled pink hair, Cassie tugged at it unhappily. She didn't like being cooped up in bed all day, it was just so boring having to rest to get better with nothing to do but sleep which normally the pinkette wouldn't actually be complaining about.

All she wanted to do was see her classmates and hang out with her best friend who had just left for the day after giving her some homemade soup and medicine that Cassie hadn't yet taken out of pure spite; she hated cherry flavor.

The soup was good. It calmed the burning feeling in her throat that was raw from hacking up a lung all night long. But the bowl in her lap was empty now, the spoon balanced precariously on the rim as Cassie glared down at the poor silverware that was the current victim of her boredom.

A knock on the Fox Ryu front door drew Cassie's attention as her head peaked up, Ray had probably locked herself out of the house again, it had already happened twice that month. That or it was a package, Cassie remembered her friend telling her something about an incoming shipment of Nighteye merchandise that she had bought off of Amazon last week.

With a small wheeze Cassie pushed aside the tray that held her empty soup bowl swinging her legs over the side of her bed abruptly standing to her feet in order to walk to the door. As soon as she got up however the poor girl broke out into a coughing fit so violently that it knocked her off her feet and the pinkette promptly toppled forward slamming face first into the floor with a loud choked yelp of pain and surprise.

Another knock came from the front door, this time more insistent as if the person on the other side was aware that Cassie had just fallen on her face. The girl let out a loud groan no longer excited to figure out who was at her door now she was just upset about her whole body hurting.

Pushing herself off the ground Cassie army crawled her way to the front door not trusting herself to stand up and not fall over again besides she really didn't want to have a concussion in addition to her already present cold.

Once at the door Cassie hoisted herself up using the wall for support as she lazily swung the front door open before removing her hand from the handle to cover up another round of coughs so as to not get whoever was at the door sick as well.

Cassie peaked her eyes open as her coughing died down, clearing her throat only to let out a rasped breath as she looked up at a slightly concerned Shoto Todoroki who held a pharmacy bag in his arms, a well kept eyebrow raised to silently questing what the hell Cassie had been doing before opening the door for him.