Extra 9- Shizuka meets the Todoroki's

" Grandpa Enji is scary, mommy." Shizuka whispered into Cassie's pointed ear as she scanned her grandfather up and down. Cassie nodded her head approvingly at her daughter's comment. " That's my darling little fairy, Shizu! Don't let that big scary man intimidate you sweetheart, he's a failure of a father and a hero, good thing your daddy is better than his dad." The pinkette pretended to wipe a tear from her eye as she made eye contact with the pro hero.

Enji sighed, rubbing at his temples, he had grown used to his daughter in-laws comments so he wasn't as phased anymore. The former number one hero made his way over to Cassie and the little girl staring down at the both of them with icy blue eyes. " Fox, it seems you haven't matured at all since we last met." The man grumbled glancing to the other side of the room where Todoroki stood glaring daggers in a silent warning to not start an argument with his wife, at his father while leaned up against the front door to his old family home.

" Untrue, I'm a mother now, it's really changed my perspective." Cassie clicked her tongue grinning widely at the tall grumpy man who was her father in law. Enji raised an impressively thick eyebrow, cocking his head to the side ever so slightly as a small smirk flickered across his lips like flames dancing in a fireplace.

" And do you find it difficult juggling both kids and a career?" he asked, almost sounding accusatory, which Cassie didn't like at all. She glared angrily at the man shuffling Shizuka who up until that point was cradled in both of Cassie's arms to just her right arm as she flipped the older man off. " You can juggle these nuts."

Endeavor's face fell into an expression of shock as he stared in bewilderment at the small pinkette who huffed flicking her hair over her shoulder before migrating over to where her husband was, smiling up at him as if she hadn't just flipped off his father in front of his family and their daughter.

Todoroki sighed in exasperation running a hand through his dual colored hair as he shook his head. He wasn't upset at Cassie he knew she could have replied in a much worse manor, he was however disappointed in his father who had been trying and technically speaking succeeding in making the woman angry.

Shizuka snickered, mimicking her mothers hand gestures causing all conversation to cease. Fumi and Natuso who had both been talking to their mother Rei now stared at the small child in surprise. Cassie shuffled her feet rubbing the back of her neck letting out an awkward chuckle. " Whoops?" She adds after a beat of dead silence.

" Shizuka, what have I said about copying your mother?" Todoroki scolded in a calm voice making the little girl pout and cross her arms over her chest. " That I should never repeat anything Mommy says or does in front of Grandpa, Auntie Ray, or in public." Shizuka recited and Todoroki nodded his head in approval.

" Wait what?" Cassie asked, looking up at her husband who just ran his fingers through his wife's long pink hair gently pulling her to his side so he could wrap one of his arms around her waist. " Am I wrong in teaching her that?" the man asked quietly and Cassie frowned at him before shaking her head. " No..." She grumbled half heartedly.

The rest of the night went smoothly, neither Cassie nor Endeavor caused any more arguments and all of Todoroki's family ended up adoring Shizuka who was a bright energetic ball of energy like her mother. " Look grandma, it's you!" The little girl exclaimed, holding up a piece of paper with a drawing of a stick figure with short white hair. Next to the stick figure was a roundish angry looking monster man.

" Who's that next to me?" Rei asked, fighting back a chuckle as she glanced over at Enji who sat next to her on the couch, his arms crossed over his broad chest, a grumpy scowl etched across his features. " That's grandpa!" Shizuka exclaimed happily, handing the paper to the man in question.

Enji stared down at the paper and Cassie who sat on the other side of the room next to Todoroki, was questioning whether or not the man was planning on burning her childs art into a pile of ashes on the spot. Instead he just nodded his head a small grin replacing his scowl as he, although not intentionally, roughly patted the little girl's head.

" You have quite the imagination Shizuka, I didn't know my granddaughter was so... talented." he complimented the little girl after glancing up and making eye contact with both Todoroki and Cassie who seemed to be silently daring him to say something even vaguely rude to their daughter.

Natsuo snickered in the background letting Shizuka give him a high five. " My niece is the best holy shi-" before he could even finish his sentence Fumi swooped in smacking the back of the man's head which caught everyone by surprise as she was the most passive person in the room besides Rei.

Fumi smiled happily pushing her glasses back in place as they had fallen down the bridge of her nose ever so slightly. " Natsuo don't curse in front of kids. Mother taught us better than that." She scolded her brother who groaned rubbing at his head where he had been hit. " Ow, that hurt Fumi." he grumbled but decided to keep quiet after that.

Cassie smiled resting her head on Todoroki's shoulder, happy that they had agreed to let Shizuka meet Todoroki's family. The pinkette had been worried that things wouldn't go very well but she should have known better. Despite everything that had happened they were one of the strongest families Cassie had ever encountered and she was proud to be allowed in on the special moments that not many people got to witness for themselves.

From that day onwards whenever both Cassie and Todoroki had to go into work and Ray wasn't available to watch her, Shizuka was dropped off at the Todoroki household to terrorize Endeavor and charm the rest of the family. Shizuka really was taking after her mother personality wise.