Deku's notebook

Present Mic was screaming for a medic, Bakugo was looking down at the girl in front of him face blank, she had put up a good fight it was the reason he hadn't held back but now he was questioning if maybe just maybe he had gone to far, he wasn't heartless if he were he would have let her suffer, and Cassie well she just wanted the noises to stop.

The next thing she knew she was in Recovery Girls room looking up at the plane white ceiling wondering what happened after she passed out. Cassie glanced around the room and froze her eyes going wide with fear.

In the corner of the room sat a shadowed figure, he was tall and lean everything about him was normal except he was completely made up of inky black swirling pools of darkness, he wasn't real Cassie knew he wasn't real. He was a result of her overusing her quirk, a sick twisted illusion that her mind conjured up when it was at its weakest and most vulnerable.

Cassie had seen this figure countless times since she had developed her quirk but still the very sight of him sent her whole body into fight or flight mode but she was never able to do either, almost like sleep paralysis but she was always painfully awake. She had to sit and watch the figure loom over her as if she were still a small child, its otherwise featureless face grinning wildly.

The figure always carried what looked to be an ax but it was hard to make out as the shadows around the weapon were always lighter in color and quantity. Sometimes there was another figure that accompanied him. A woman, Cassie always  thought as she would watch several inky tendrils weave their way from the other figure's body creating the silhouette of someone kneeling at its feet.

They were just quirk overuse symptoms, far scarier than when she would use her quirk and grow dizzy but still just something she would have to train her body to resist. Until she could hone her quirk though she was stuck with the shadows.

Angry yelling broke Cassie's concentration and the shadow figure fizzled out of existence. The startled pinkette jerked her head to the door which flew open with a loud bang. Bakugo stood in the doorway along with Izuku, Ray, Mina, Uraraka and several other students.

Bakugo was yelling at a mildly upset Todoroki who shielded the doorway, not allowing him to come inside. " Bakugo, she does not need you to disturb her recovery.'' The duel haired boy chided and to his credit, despite his rigid posture and obvious annoyance Todoroki stayed relatively calm.

Izuku managed to get past the two teens arguing in the doorway along with Ray who just stared at Todoroki until he let her pass. The green haired boy was the first to her bedside and Cassie lulled her head in his direction still feeling like shit despite Recovery girl healing her major injuries.

" You did amazing out there Fox! '' The nerdy boy gasped excitedly pulling out a worn notebook flipping to a page inside and showing it to Cassie who squinted in the dim light of the room. Her name was neatly written in ink at the top of the page along with some analysis of her fighting style and even how her costume functioned.

She looked up at Izuku with a raised eyebrow causing her classmates' cheeks to flush in embarrassment as he rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. " I have a page for everyone in class but I took the most notes during your fights. I really admire how you use both your quirk and hand to hand combat at the same time." He rambled as if he were trying to justify himself to Cassie.

The pinkette smiled softly at Izuku, patting the page that he had written about her gently. " That's really cool Izuku, maybe someday I can look over your notes and we could come up with some cool move names." she offered up happily to which the green haired boy nodded in agreement.

" That would be fun! We could train together once you feel up to speed a- " Ray cut the boy off pushing him gently to the side sitting on the edge of the hospital bed glaring at Cassie's classmate halfheartedly.

" Chill nerd, she just woke up and obviously isn't feeling well. You can geek out when she's back in class." The blue haired dragon girl turned to her friend, grabbing her arm and yanking her into a tight hug.

Cassie laughed and hugged her best friend letting Ray smack her over the head gently. " You have got to stop ending up here Cassie, you know I hate places like this.'' the pinkette nodded her head knowingly patting her friends shoulder in reassurance. " I know, we need to train some more so we won't have to take up Recovery Girl's time and energy. "