Memory lane 3

Cassie eyed the four people standing in front of the foster home's main gate. All of them were fairly young, the oldest seemed to be around 14 or 15 with striking blue eyes and snow white hair. He was hunched over and had a passive looking expression as if he was not there by choice.

There was a girl with wide silver gray eyes covered by a pair of thick wire rimmed glasses. Her hair was also white but what drew Cassie's attention were the occasional red streaks that peppered her hair. She seemed to be the second oldest in the group standing tall and proud with an air of reassurance.

Her eyes next landed on a boy maybe 10 or 11 with spiky dusty white hair, dull blue eyes and blue puffy jacket. Nothing really stood out about this boy that Cassie could really focus on other than his very warm looking jacket.

And finally there was the youngest in the group that she had been initially looking at. He was by far the most interesting of the four people. His hair was dual colored a beautiful pearly white on the left and a fiery red on the right. To go with his hair the boy's left eye was a silver gray while his right eye was bright blue. He looked to be maybe a year older than or maybe even the same age as Cassie.

With a loud beep the gate to the foster home swung open and the four people quickly walked towards the front door. A few minutes later all but the little boy were out of sight. As soon as the others were inside the young boy made his way over to the shivering girl.

Kneeling down in front of her the boy held out his right hand. " You shouldn't stay out here, you're going to freeze." Cassie stared at the boy hesitantly grabbing his hand. The boy's hand was warm and suddenly Cassie wasn't cold anymore.

She stared at the boy who stared right back neither saying a word until the boy unwound the scarf around his neck, quickly wrapping it around Cassie in a gentle offer of friendship. " My name is Shoto Todoroki, what's your name?"

Cassie blinked twice; she hadn't even noticed the boy had already brought her back inside and was now standing in the doorway expectantly waiting for the girl to tell him her name. Cassie felt her cheeks flush as she nestled her head into his scarf.

The scarf was warm and comforting and smelled like freshly made cookies. Wide green eyes peered up at the boy who was slightly taller than her. " Cassie... My name is Cassie." She told him shyly, letting go of the boy's hand which she had been holding.

Shoto smiled brightly and Cassie felt her heart flutter as she glanced away embarrassed. " My family will be volunteering here from now on so let's be friends." Shoto didn't really ask if she was okay with that but the female didn't mind.

Nodding her head emphatically to the boy Cassie returned his smile with her very own. " I would like that." she happily chirped feeling more bouncy on her feet than she had all week. Cassie had just made her second friend.