Forget the past

" Cassie watch out!" a voice called momentarily disoriented the pink haired woman, who just barely managed to throw off a bullet with a chunk of earth. " Who the hell let this man get his hands on a gun?'' Cassie shouted in frustration to the group of sidekicks she was working whom just shrugged their shoulders equally as bewildered as she was.

" No seriously he didn't have one before but now look at what we have to deal with. This would be so much easier if he weren't playing fucking duck hunt with us, and guess what we're the ducks!" Cassie cursed, pushing her teammates away from another volley of bullets trying to pinpoint the villains location.

The villain in question had a heat detecting quirk meaning that even if he were in hiding he could see where his opponent was at all times. Cassie however had already been briefed on the man's quirk so she had grown several long thick strings of vines that would give off a small heat signal to keep his attention divided.

After a bit of jumping around and blocking bullets the pinkette heard the sound of the villain angrily trying to shoot the gun he had but clearly he was out of bullets. It was at that moment that Cassie and her teammates jumped him, tackling the man to the ground. He was easy enough to find after he had revealed his location by chucking the now useless gun at the pinkette.

Cassie was quick to wrap the man in vines restraining his movements so he couldn't get away. " Where did you get the gun?" she crouched down in front of the man who looked up at her in fear. " I-I don't know it just appeared in front of me I swear."

The woman let out a loud groan rocking back on the balls of her feet in frustration. " Shit this keeps happening, there's gotta be some kind of criminal organization helping these assholes or something because all of them keep telling us the exact same thing." Cassie got to her feet dusting herself off before turning to her team.

" Lilly and Octavia go take this dude to the police and see if he knows anything else that he's not telling us.'' The two girls who were interning with Cassie nodded their heads enthusiastically, scrambling to escort the villain to a nearby police car. " Yes Miss Ivy!" They smiled at the woman who nodded in satisfaction, patting their heads.

It had been about a year since she had graduated from U.A and Cassie was now 20 years old. Technically she was the youngest pro hero to have created a hero agency, with her best friend since childhood nonetheless. It had really shot the two girls into the limelight.

Walking through the big glass double doors of the FoxRyu agency, Cassie was greeted with the sounds of people hard at work. She made her way to the front desk waving at the woman who sat behind it with a grin. " Hi Cam, do you know where Ray is?" she asked, leaning against the marble that glistened elegantly in the light of the sun that filtered through the windows.

The woman waved back at Cassie before pointing to the elevator and nodding her head. " Yeah, I think she just got back from patrol so she should be in the break room right now." Cam watched the already retreating form of her boss smiling softly before returning to her work.

The pinkette dashed through the elevator doors as soon as they slid open, almost crashing into a wall as she made a sharp left turn. Cassie threw the break room door open to reveal her best friend munching down on a silver fork. The blue haired woman paused and looked up at the door with a raised eyebrow.

" What's up?" she asked, her red eyes scanning her friend up and down in confusion. "Guess who almost got shot today on her mission... it was me, I almost got shot. The guy we were tracking pulled a gun on us." Cassie groaned, slumping into one of the couches that sat in the room. Ray sighed in frustration as she massaged her temples. " Again?" Cassie nodded in confirmation much to the blue haired woman's displeasure. " Of fucking course the gun bitch keeps showing up, how do we even catch them if we have no idea what they look like?''

They had been chasing some mysterious arms dealer that seemed to conveniently know half the villains in japan or at least that's what it seemed like when almost every one of them somehow got firearms from this person, for several months now and both girls were getting fed up with the whole situation.

" Do you think the others can help us?" Cassie asked hopefully but Ray just shrugged her shoulders putting down her half eaten fork. " Mirio and Tamaki are already looking into location patterns to figure out if this person has a range of activity, and Todoroki's agency is out right now looking into a few leads."

Cassie frowned more; she was always worrying about her dual haired fiance while he was on patrols or missions because he was the type of hero to charge into battle without much more than basic information for him to utilize. Meanwhile every time he worked with Cassie and Ray everyone was well equipped with several contingency plans and as much information as the pink haired girl could get her hands on.

Both friends filled out some paperwork before calling it a day. " Hey, you coming over to my place tonight or am I going to yours?" Cassie asked while glancing over her shoulder to the blue haired dragon quirk user, raising an eyebrow quizzically.

" Mirio is working the night patrol tonight so the house will be empty, however we haven't cleaned up from the other night so your house." Ray smirked, leaning her elbow on her shorter friend's head who half heartedly swatted it away. " That's nasty Ray." Cassie pretended to gag as they made their way to Cassie and Shoto's house.

The pinkette waved a hand in a shooing motion causing the trees in the forest that belonged to her to part. Over the years she fully mastered her quirk meaning now she could and manipulate and even grow the tallest of trees however she liked.

Eventually they came to the cottage that belonged to her mother and Cassie let out a small sigh of happiness. " I'm glad Sho agreed to move in here with me, I like the peace and quiet plus now that we've added some gardens and a few fountains this place feels more fancy." She didn't bother to mention the fact that they had built upon the small cottage turning it into something straight out of a fairytale.

Ray clicked her tongue in approval, nodding her head at the house and an amused smile flickered across her lips. " You know Cassie, I really miss having you around the house." the blue haired woman ruffled her friend's hair playfully. Cassie let out a loud " Hey!" trying her best to fix her now messy pink hair.

" We have a spare room for you and Mirio, you already know you can come over any time." The pinkette grumbled, swinging the door to her home open and calling out a loud. " I'm home." Of course Todoroki was at work so there was no reply, it was just a weird habit Cassie had picked up ever since she moved into the cottage.

She honestly just wanted to feel like her parents were still there watching over her even though in reality their presence had vanished forever the day that she died and came back. She knew somewhere deep in her heart their energy remained which made the pinkette feel better but still she often found herself wishing she could have had more time with them.

Cassie and Ray were sitting on the couch in the living room of the house watching tv and munching on popcorn when the front door opened. Cassie whipped her head up and launched her body over the couch the sound of her bare feet pounding against the floor echoing through the hall.

This was her life, her world and her memories, hers and hers alone. Cassie had spent so long seeking all the memories that would ultimately mean little to nothing to her in the long run, for most of her life. She had dwelled in the past for too long, but she wasn't going to let it hold her back. Cassie was going to forget her past, push forward and chase her future with her friends and loved ones by her side. Cassie would make new memories, ones that she would never allow anyone to take from her ever again.

She wasn't alone anymore, in fact she hadn't been for years but she was never fully able to realize that until she let go of the memories that held her down, the images that haunted her dreams and plagued her nightmares. Those memories were still with her as they always should have been but Cassie wouldn't let them define her anymore.

" Shoto!" She called rounding the corner and jumping into the arms of the man who had just entered the house, her laughter making him smile ever so softly down at her. " I'm home, Cassie." He whispered in her ear before ducking his head down to meet her lips in a long loving kiss. " Welcome home, Sho."