Cheese tasting with Aoyama

Cassie raised an eyebrow glancing from side to side then back down at a fancy looking charcuterie board that sat untouched on the dorm communal kitchen table. None of the cheeses had been touched but they all looked way too fancy to be consumed.

" Ah ma chère Fox, I see you have found my mid afternoon snack. " Cassie jumped back as Aoyama practically materialized out of thin air across from the startled pinkette. Cassie looked down at the cheese then back up to the blonde who smiled at her seemingly without a care in the world.

After a few seconds of both students observing each other, Cassie gently slid the tray across the table, a smile tugging at her lips. " Here you go Aoyama." She chirped, turning on her heel to go back to her room for a nap.

The sound of her classmates' throat clearing stopped the girl in her tracks. " It's rather lonely eating alone, would you like to try some absolutely delectable cheese with me?'' he offered, having already taken a seat at the table and gestured to a seat across from him.

Cassie hesitated before turning back to sit with her classmate, he seemed like someone she would be friends with so this was an opportunity to socialize more. Several cheeses later Cassie was being taught several phrases in french.

" Now then Mon Ami, do you understand the wonders of these fine delicacies? " Aoyama asked with a lopsided grin replacing his smile from before when he watched Cassie nod her head in content. " I never knew there were so many ways to make cheese and that they all resulted in different tastes.'' Cassie exclaimed, popping another cheddar square in her mouth.

" It really is quite amazing how much flavor these little cubes have." she added after chewing and swallowing her bite. Aoyama nodded his head and Cassie could have sworn she saw actual glitter floating around his head, It really made his hero name Can't Stop twinkling seem all the more literal.

Despite their lighthearted conversation Cassie felt like behind her classmates' carefree and flamboyant attitude he was analyzing her on a very personal level. It was just something about how his eyes flickered to any part of her that made even the slightest movement as if he were being hyper vigilant.

" So I heard that some of our classmates and even a few teachers think there's a traitor in our class. " Cassie didn't know what compelled her to bring it up but she just felt in the moment she should mention it to the boy across from her.

For a split second Cassie could have sworn she saw the blonde's face drop, his wide bright smile falling away for only a quick blink of an eye before reappearing on his face like nothing had happened, like he hadn't yet heard what the pinkette had said.

Cassie narrowed her eyes ever so slightly, glancing at the boy's slightly slumped posture, this was a skill she had picked up while in the foster home. The other kids were always more expressive through body language than words around Cassie so she learned to pick up on small details. Of course sometimes she missed things but never when she was actively observing someone.

Aoyama seemed slightly uncomfortable, maybe even a bit scared of the subject so mercifully Cassie segwayed into something else. " I doubt anyone in our class has ill intention, besides if there were a traitor I want to give them the benefit of the doubt because they probably have their own reasons for betraying their friends."

Cassie glanced at the boy out of the corner of her eye while grabbing a few more cheeses to nibble at. Aoyama nodded his head again, still seeming a bit on edge though now his posture was slightly relaxed and he almost looked hopeful.

" Oh ma chère you are so very kind, you shall make a great hero one day! " the blonde boy praised, his light blue eyes genuinely lighting up with joy. " I must take the time to thank you for sharing a meal with me. I am glad we have gotten the opportunity to become more acquainted with one another." He added standing to his feet while scooping the empty tray into his lanky arms.

Cassie was quick to agree, truth be told even though something seemed just the slightest bit off about her sparkly classmate she genuinely enjoyed his company. Before the boy disappeared into the kitchen to wash his tray he paused by the doorway that connected the dining room to the kitchen.

" I hope it's not rude of me to ask, but would you like to partake in more cheese tasting once I get more? I always feel so lonely eating it by myself." Aoyama asked, scratching the back of his neck bashfully.

Cassie smiled at her classmate nodding her head at him. " Of course Aoyama, I love eating delicious food with friends." she waved her hand before pushing in her chair heading out the door and back in the direction of her dorm, wondering if Ray would want to try some fancy cheese if she ordered a platter of her own.

Aoyama stood there with a genuine smile painting his pale face. " Friends, It is nice to have friends." He muttered while turning on the water in the kitchen sink, washing away the leftover crumbs of cheese off of the platter and into the drain.