Fox vs Bakugo

( Art is a redraw or a panel in the fight scene between Uraraka and Bakugo )

Cassie bit her lip flinching away from the fire that shot up from the podium she stood upon listening to the defining cheers of the audience that surrounded the battle field caging her in until she fought. Honestly she felt that it was all just a little bit excessive but she wasn't about to forfeit the match before it had even begun.

Present Mic was excitedly announcing her and her classmate to said audience the latter of the two students seething with annoyance. " You should just give up now plant girl!'' he screamed at the pinkette as they stood face to face on the field. Cassie frowned, honestly a little hurt that he wanted her to drop out.

" I'm serious plant freak! I'm going to win so don't get in my way, I won't hold back!" and as if to prove his point Bakugo extended his palm setting off a series of small explosions to presumably intimidate the pinkette. Cassie smirked, crouching down getting in position to launch herself away if he ran at her first.

" If I didn't know any better Bakugo, I would think you were concerned about me." she taunted, causing Bakugo to growl, dashing at the girl in a rage, which is exactly what Cassie was hoping he would do.

Cassie dodged to his right narrowly avoiding an explosion, slamming her hands down for a brief second onto the arena floor, growing several small flowers before jumping back as bakugo whirled around advancing on her once again.

This went on for a few minutes, Bakugo attacking and Cassie avoiding his explosions distracting him with small taunts allowing for his rage to cloud his judgment while she strategically grew her plants around the field.

Once she was sure she had enough to work with, Cassie threw a punch at Bakugo aiming to catch him off guard. She had been banking on the notion that the blonde boy would try to avoid her punch but instead he grabbed her wrist violently and set off another explosion. Cassie's eyes widened as she dropped to the ground, her uninjured hand cradling her other to her chest as she cried out as a wave of pain exploded through her body. It hurt like a bitch yes, but this was nothing, no she couldn't let the pain set her back.

Ducking her head down Cassie missed another attack placing her uninjured hand on the ground and opened a flood of energy between her and her plants which shot up from the ground causing the field to shake with the momentum of the roots breaking apart the earth.

Several of the roots tangled around bakugo's limbs restraining him as Cassie stumbled to her feet panting softly, green eyes clouded over in pain. Smoke churned around the two students' bodies from some of Bakugo's previous attacks causing Cassie to cough violently.

Her body was screaming she had been using her quirk too much and she could already see large splotches of inky darkness flickering across her vision. It wouldn't be long before the nightmares started again so she had to end this quickly.

Cassie stomped her foot on the dirt two large sunflowers sprouting next to her as she gently used her quirk to pluck and harden the soft delicate yellow petals into mini dagger like projectiles. She had recently learned this technique where she could manipulate the properties of her flower petals slightly, making them sharp enough to throw.

Four petals floated between her palms rotating in a small circle, their speed picking up until they were just a blur of color. Cassie took aim at a struggling Bakugo, her wrist sending shockwaves of pain through her body in protest.

Cassie launched her petals at her opponent but she was tired and in pain so her focus was divided. The petals made contact with Bakugo's exposed forearm slicing into it causing it to go limp before they burst apart floating away into the breeze.

It was that moment when things went wrong. Cassie felt her whole body go stiff as Bakugo used his quirk to free himself from her plants by blowing them up all at the same time. The pinkette gasped dropping to the ground, her uninjured hand flying up to her mouth as she began coughing violently.

The crowd was screaming, their voices hurt her ears so much but it all faded into the background as Cassie removed her hand from her mouth staring down in horror at her own dark red blood staining her palm. Looking up Cassie saw Bakugo standing above her his hand outstretched to her face.

She thought she saw him frown apologetically but again pain wracked her body as another explosion went off close to her face. It didn't actually reach her skin but it was close enough to cause smoke from the blast to fill her lungs putting the girl out of her misery as she fell to the ground in a heap, knocked unconscious. The match ended and Bakugo had won advancing on the the final round.