Why don't you ever listen

Cassie was the first to notice the dule haired boy. He stood leaning against the nurses office doorway, his well toned arms folded over his chest, instead of his school uniform he wore a simple black sweater, Cassie would later find out that he had accidentally frozen his uniform and it was defrosting at that moment. His eyes looked directly into hers as he pushed his body out of the doorway walking into the nurses office completely.

The pinkette squeaked frantically smacking her friend's shoulder with her free hand, the other of which was still locked in a pinky promise with the blue haired girl. Ray sighed in exasperation moving her hands away after swatting Cassie's away, her well manicured tallon like nails glinting in the light of the nurses office.

Ray looked over at Todoroki, her ruby red eyes narrowing in distaste. " should I stay?" Ray asked her friend who shook her head quickly. " No no it's okay go spend time with Mirio, i'll see you back home tonight!" Cassie smiled at her friend watching her whole posture change at the mention of the bright happy ball of sunshine that was her not yet boyfriend.

With no furter hesitation Ray made a break for it, leaving Cassie alone with Todoroki who took her place on the edge of the small bed Cassie was sitting on. It was quiet for a few minutes, Cassie looking down at her hands which had suddenly become the most interesting things in the world.

After a few more excruciating minutes, Todoroki was the first to break the silence that had befallen the otherwise empty office, when would Recovery Girl come back from her lunch break Cassie wondered to herself. His voice was low and careful, not portraying his emotions like normal.

He mumbled something to the pink haired girl that she couldn't quite understand. " I'm sorry, what was that?" Cassie asked leaning in so she was closer to the dule haired boy. Todoroki turned his head to face her, his hair casting a shadow over his sharp narrow eyes.

Lifting his head Todoroki moved closer to the girl, now there was no more than maybe 4 or 5 inches between them. Cassie blushed quickly scooting back again to put more distance between the two.

" I said, you don't listen. " the boy repeated unphased by their proximity. Cassie tilted her head grinning sheepishly at Todoroki. " Hey I'm still alive, so that's all that really matters in the end." the pinkette offered up trying to lessen the tension that suddenly suffocated her.

Todoroki's neutral expression turned into a deep frown, his heterochromatic eyes narrowing even more. Cassie's blush only grew under his intense scrutinizing gaze that scanned over her. " I told you to stay put." the boy grumbled glancing away for a split second before bringing his eyes back to the pinkette who shifted her weight awkwardly.

She figured Todoroki had more to say so she stayed quiet, despite the fact that he was scolding her, he was still here sitting in front of Cassie and despite all the walls he had been trying to put up between them, Cassie knew the boy had been worried about her.

It was clear from the way he looked at her that he cared to some extent about her existence. It was such a revelation that Cassie turned what Todoroki was saying to her off in her own little fantasy.

His cold left hand grabbing hers was what brought her back to the present, her happy mood instantly changing upon looking at the boy who once more exhibited a neutral expression. " You could have died." The stoic boy whispered just loud enough for the girl to hear.

Cassie smiled softly at the boy squeezing his large hand in hers. " Yeah but I didn't so there's no need to be mad." Once more Cassie attempted to console the boy who just stared at her. He glanced away again, sighing while running his free hand through his soft looking hair.

Cassie found herself really wanting to ask what shampoo and conditioner he used for his hair to look that soft and silky but she bit back her question. Now was not the appropriate time to ask, she would have to do that some other time.

" I said I wasn't going to make any connections here. '' Shoto seemed to be talking to himself so Cassie let him, opting to soak in his beauty up close. Damn puberty had hit this boy like a brick. He looked like a whole ass model now, Cassie thought quietly in her head.

Shoto grabbed her attention again as his right hand cupped her cheek caressing her tanned skin with his thumb, his eyes locked with hers. Cassie felt like her face was on fire, it was either that or Todoroki had decided homicide would be a good hobby, and she didn't think that was the case.

" Todoroki?" Cassie asked, trying to get the boy's attention but he was still seemingly lost in thought. Todoroki's intense gaze met hers once more as he leaned his body forward ever so slightly. " But you keep pulling me back." he whispered his minty breath fanning out against the pinkette's face sending tingles across her skin.

Cassie's eyes widened as she held her breath anticipating what she hoped would happen next. Was he about to kiss her? Oh god please let him kiss her, the girl thought, closing her eyes giddy with excitement.

" I'm not good at showing my emotions, but with your permission I would like to try " the dual haired boy asked softly brushing his thumb against the girl's bottom lip. Cassie almost felt like she was going to explode with how hard she was nodding her head yes.

Shoto's right hand moved from her cheek to tangle in her long pink hair, his left hand still holding hers tightly in his own as he just barely brushed his lips against hers, still giving Cassie time to back out if she wanted.

But Cassie didn't move away; she did the opposite, bringing her body close to his, her lips finally meeting him in a soft heartwarming kiss.

( thank you everyone for reading this far I hope you all like the story but sadly we have come to the end of arc one in this fic

Just like in the Photographer and the Hero there will be three arcs that make up this fanfic soon I'll upload Cassie's character sheet and quirk breakdown to kick off arc two but I'm going to take a lil bit of a break to edit past chapters and start writing arc two.

Thank you again and please don't forget to leave a like and a comment and maybe even follow my page for more fics! )