Family reunion

" You shouldn't be here Cassiea." A voice whispered softly in Cassie's ear. The girl's eyes flew open " Shoto, Ray?" She desperately asked her voice high and panicked as she scanned an empty void of white nothingness. " They aren't here Cassie." Another voice said this one sounded softer than the other.

There was a small flash and then infront of her Cassie saw her parents standing together, matching worried frowns plastered on their faces. " Don't panic you aren't dead dear, you're just... how should I put this?" Cassie's mom rubbed her arm while thinking only for her father to interject. " You're stuck in between the world of the living and the world of the dead Cassiea."

Her mom shot her father a pointed glare. " we said we would deliver the news lightly." Lucian just shrugged his shoulders and turned back to their daughter who was visibly spiraling. Cassie gasped in horror, her hands flying to her mouth as she shook her head frantically. " No that can't be true, I can't be here, I have to go back." she whispered to her parents who glanced at each other as if communicating via eye contact.

" Then you have to make a choice, my darling little fairy." Cassie's mom stepped forward wrapping her arms around the very distressed teen pulling her into a tight hug. " You've grown so big, I'm so proud of you." she whispered, running her fingers through Cassie's hair lovingly.

The pinkette choked on a sob, tears welling up in her eyes. " Mom?" She asked quietly, not believing what was happening at that exact moment. " Your mother and I caught wind of what was happening in the living world and we were able to get a hold of your subconscious before you passed out fully. That is how you are here talking to us right now." Lucian explained patting Cassie's head hesitantly.

" Listen kid, your body is dead. You can choose to come with us and accept your fate or we can help you." he explained and Cassie sniffled, nodding her head in acknowledgement. " How can I go back?'' she asked after a few seconds of thinking.

" We have to join our remaining energy and transfer it to your body to heal it fully. That means your mother and I will no longer exist in either world, we will be relics of the past." Cassie backed away from her parents biting her fingernails in stress.

" I can't... I just found you two, there has to be another way. Please I have so much I want to tell you, mom! A-and dad I know you didn't do it I'm sorry for accusing you please don't leave me, not again." The pinkette begged, wringing her hands pleadingly.

Cassie flinched, watching in surprise as a circular table and three chairs rose from the nothingness. Her parents seemed unphased as they sat down next to each other. " Please sit down Cassie." her mom gestured to the empty chair. " We had all the time in the world to talk.

Her father was quick to cut in. " Not really Nat, time may not pass here but it does in the living world. The more time she spends here the harder it will be to return." he cautioned, looking between his wife and daughter with a blank expression.

Cassie's pointed ears drooped down at his words and her mom noticed right away. "Ah yes I forgot about that in my excitement to talk to you again." Natasha sighed, running a hand through her sunset colored hair. " Have you been... watching over me all this time?" Cassie asked quietly, unsure of what exactly to ask them.

Natasha nodded her head, seemingly proud of her daughter. " I've been by your side since the very beginning, my darling little fairy. Your father as you know joined me not too long ago." she added, patting the man's shoulder after realizing he was sulking in his chair.

" The woman who killed your mother a-and you." he paused, looking at his hands in quiet regret. " Her name is Mitsuki. Cassiea, promise your mother and I that when you go back... that you won't take the path of revenge, turn her in to the police okay?'' he asked, his golden eyes now scanning his daughter's face.

The pinkette nodded her head quietly, a single tear rolling down her cheek. " But if I go back, you two will disappear for good. You said you were watching over me right, that means if I go back you'll never see me become a pro, never see me grow up." she whispered in distress.

" I want to go back, but now that I know you were always there... h-how am I supposed to keep moving forward? What do I do next, I don't want to have to do this alone." Cassie continued her voice growing more panicked, her breather labored.

" Cassie darling please know that even if your father and I can no longer be by your side, just know that we will always love you. You are not alone, you have your friends and that boy... what was his name again?" Lucian chimes in " Shoto Todoroki." Natasha grinned sheepishly " Yes! Todoroki, You have him. And most importantly you have us." The woman leaned over the table tapping a finger against Cassie's heart gently. " We'll always be right here in your heart. You have to go now my little fairy, it is time for you to wake up." she added as the table disappeared.

Both parents pulled Cassie into a tight embrace, her dad ruffling her hair affectionately if not a little awkwardly. " You're going to be a good hero kiddo. And one last thing, the next time you see Enji punch him in the face for me, okay?" Lucian grinned as he watched his daughter's mood brighten slightly a small laugh bubbling up from her throat.

" And don't forget to have at least two children with that Todoroki boy, I may never get to meet them but I would like to have grandkids." Natasha piped in grinning from ear to ear. " Mom!" Cassie gasped, her cheeks burning red in embarrassment.

Natasha chuckled, bending down to kiss Cassie's forehead. " We are so proud of you Cassiea Alderaan Fox." She whispered in Cassie's pointed ear, tucking her hair away from her face to look into her daughter's eyes one last time.

Cassie began to feel dizzy as her body grew numb once more. The next time she opened her eyes she was quickly alerted to the loud beeping of what seemed to be a heart monitor. Cassie tried to move her limbs, letting out a low groan of pain as she noted that her arm was being held still by several Iv lines. Just how long had she been technically speaking dead?