Walking home together

The pinkette was back in class head face down in an English textbook groaning in anguish. She really wished she could have been in class when they were learning this subject first hand. Todoroki was helping her and that was great and all but there was just one major problem.

While he was a good teacher Todoroki was no nonsense and straight to the point, he didn't like repeating himself too many times, but Cassie just couldn't keep her focus on the textbooks strewn about on her desk, her potted vines drooping down in their vase to mimic her exhausted demenier.

To his credit, the dual haired boy was trying. He really was a great teacher and after a bit of struggle he had figured out how to make Cassie do her work and pay attention. While not the most glamorous method of keeping the girl focused it proved effective.

Shoto's hand reached out to the moody girl, flicking her forehead lightly causing the pinkette to jump back to full attention, her tanned fingers rubbing at her forehead in displeasure. " Okay! Fine, I'll finish this page but then I want to take a break. We've been studying for hours."

" It's only been thirty minutes, Fox." Shoto's cold voice corrected. Cassie pouted, giving the boy her best puppy dog eyes. Shoto ran a hand through his hair letting out an exasperated sigh but agreeing to her request nonetheless.

About three weeks had passed since the two had kissed in Recovery Girls office and since then nothing had happened, much to Cassie's disappointment. She didn't expect things to change right away, Todoroki himself said he wasn't very good at expressing his feelings.

So like she had told him before she could wait as long as he needed her to wait. She also knew that she had only been there for a little over a month which would be way too fast for the two to reconnect and start dating.

She knew he was doing his best however, after all he was here with her now. He could be home training or relaxing in his room right at that very moment but instead he was spending his after school time with Cassie every other day without fail helping her catch up on all the work she had missed because she enrolled late.

Soon enough Todoroki and Cassie had finished her tutoring and the pinkette began to put her books in her bag, getting ready to head home for the day as it was starting to get dark outside. Todoroki hovered next to her walking with her out of the classroom and then out of the school itself much to Cassie's confusion,

" Todoroki what are you doing?" she asked, glancing over at the boy who was quietly walking next to her his school bag slung over his shoulder. Todoroki didn't respond, just tilted his head down to make eye contact with the confused girl.

His sharp eyes locked with hers as he examined Cassie who shifted awkwardly under his intense gaze. " Give me your bag." his voice floated through the air making the poor flustered pinkette dizzy. Even his voice made her giddy, this boy was not good for her health.

" I-I'm sorry?" Cassie replied, her voice cracking slightly much to the girl's abject horror. Did she just squeak in front of the hottest guy in the world? Cassie glanced around her surroundings looking for the nearest bridge she could jump off of.

In her panic Cassie didn't see the smile that graced Todoroki's lips which he quickly covered with the back of his large hand. The pinkette slapped her own hand over her blushing face in embarrassment.

Todoroki let out a sigh, gently sliding the girl's bag off of her shoulder and swinging it on to his quietly, his fingers brushing against Cassie's arm leaving a trail of goosebumps wherever they touched her skin.

Cassie's head shot up her hair swaying slightly from her sudden movement. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. She knew she was only going to embarrass herself more so with a frustrated huff she closed her mouth looking forward at the sidewalk ahead.

The two didn't speak a word, letting the quiet chirping of crickets sooth the tension between them. Cassie was just about to start up a more than likely one sided conversation when she felt the dual haired boy's hand brush tentatively against hers.

Cassie glanced down in even more confusion only to notice how close the two had gotten to each other. How had she not noticed their proximity before this. She held her breath as Todoroki slowly and ever so gently intertwined her fingers with his giving her smaller hand a tiny squeeze.

The rest of the walk to her and Ray's house was still quiet but now any and all tension in the air had vanished with the breeze. Cassie happily held hands with the quiet boy next to her letting the warmth of his body envelope her in a comforting embrac