Baking with Satou and Koda

A mouse scampered past Cassie's feet carrying a small cup of sugar and depositing it off on the floor next to her classmate Satou's feet. The tall boy bent down to pick up the sugar, thanking the mouse and waving as it leapt up onto Koda's shoulder, before setting it down next to a moderately distressed pinkette.

Cassie stood awkwardly to one side cradling a bowl of half mixed icing in her arms as she moved her hand that was clutching a whisk in a circular motion. She had offered to help her two classmates in making each of the Class 1A students a specialized cake to motivate them into studying harder for their fast approaching exams.

Koda surprisingly had been the one to suggest that Cassie should make Todoroki's cake for him as she " Knew him best " According to the animal loving boy. Cassie had agreed at the moment but at this point in time she was regretting her decision.

Cassie was terrified that Todoroki wouldn't like her cake so she was trying to make it as perfectly as she could. Normally she was a great baker and was able to make cakes like it were second nature but somehow she had managed to fuck up not one but two batches of icing in the span of less than half an hour.

She was currently on her third attempt at making icing, praying to whoever was listening that it would turn out better than her previous attempts because if it didn't she would throw the towel in and take a nap.

The first batch of icing was too runny and evidently she hadn't added enough sugar to hold its consistency nor had she mixed it as much as she needed to, so much for eyeballing the ingredients.

The second was too firm, this time she had added the right amount of sugar but over mixed the icing until it was too stiff to spread across even a brick. Eventually her two classmates had to step in, providing her with the proper measurements and timing her mixing.

" Okay Fox, that should be good, you can put down the whisk." Sato called and Cassie sighed as she set the bowl on the counter looking down at the icing that had finally turned out properly.

" You know Fox san, if you didn't feel up to baking you could have told us and we would have made Todoroki's cake ourselves." Koda chided quietly his timid nature slightly lessening with the presence of several animals he had scattered around the kitchen to help out when needed.

Cassie shook her head, waving her hands frantically in complaint " No no I just really want to make him the best cake possible that's all!'' Cassie explained her cheeks heating up as she watched the two boys in the kitchen glance at each other then at her.

None of them talked for a few seconds before Satou patted Cassie's shoulder gently, though due to his size and Cassie's smaller frame it took everything in the short girl's body not to crumple on the ground from the force of her classmates shoulder patting. He really wasn't trying to harm her in any way, he just didn't realize how much strength he had.

" You know if it's from you, I'm sure Todoroki will like it no matter how the cake turns out." Satou offered up some wisdom to his anxious classmate. This seemed to snap Cassie back into gear as she nodded her head twice before turning to the bare cake that was cooling on a cake rack next to a still very warm oven.

The pinkette grabbed the frosting striding over to her creation with purposeful steps, a new and revived sense of peace washing over her mind. " You know what Satou, you're right! Todoroki will like this cake. I'm sure of it." The girl declared brandishing her blue frosting covered whisk at her two classmates, the ladder of which slightly cowered in fear as if she were going to chuck the whisk at the animal boy's head in a sudden fit of rage.

" Koda, can you make those mice reenact that one scene of Rose and Jack on the Titanic while we wait for the other cakes to cool?" Cassie asked, watching her classmate pause in place on his way to the fridge to think over her request before smiling softly, whispering something to the mice that were perched on his shoulder.

All three students watched in wrapped amazements as two mice got into position, one dangling off the side of the counter while the other dramatically flopped on its back reaching out a paw to its little mouse friend. Those were so theatrical mice Cassie thought to herself in amazement.

" Jack could have totally made it on that door." She whispered to her friends who nodded in unison agreeing with her statement. The three classmates spent the rest of the day frosting cakes and watching mice perform random scenes from iconic pop culture moments, a day very well spent.