Memory lane 9

Cherry blossoms had always been Cassie's favorite flowers so every spring time she would drag Ray out to a grove near the Foster home to just sit and watch the wind blowing at the trees causing thousands of beautiful light pink flower petals to swirl around them.

This spring was no different, Cassie ran through the woods, her best friend yelling at her to slow down or else she would fall and get hurt, but Cassie was so excited she could hardly take the time to listen to her friends' worried shouting.

She did in fact trip over her feet a few times in her rush but she never hit the ground, just stumbling a few steps forward before regaining her balance and continuing on without a care in the world. There was one thing and one thing on her mind alone, Cherry blossoms.

Both girls made it to the grove in record time, the ladder of which arriving several minutes before the other. In most cases Cassie would never be able to beat Ray in a race but when she was excited it was a whole different story.

Cassie had found the grove while exploring the forest on one of her many escapades outside the gates of the Magnolia house which she wasn't supposed to cross. She at first thought that the little open space in the woods with a single Cherry blossom tree was strange as it was surrounded by perpetually green oak trees.

But now she only thought of it as her favorite place to go to when she needed some space. The only people who knew about this location were of course herself and Ray whom she had excitedly brought to the tree on almost every visit.

Just as expected the lone cherry tree was in full bloom, covered in delicate pink petals the color of Cassie's hair. The pinkette squealed in joy running through the grass to what she ever so fondly claimed to be her tree.

Ray joined her happy friend carrying a bag of food for the two to eat if they got hungry enough. Cassie used her quirk to control some fallen petals that lay in the grass to spell out Ray's name in the air and the blue haired girl laughed in amusement.

The elf-like girl lay in the shade of the tree with Ray who was munching on a bag of chips absentmindedly. Ray handed Cassie one and the girl chomped down on it with pure emphatic happiness. Silently she wished for her and her friends happiness to never end.