Cover up story

The room was quiet, all eyes trained on Todoroki who sat unbothered on his hospital bed. Cassie laughed awkwardly, wanting the sudden tension in the air to go away as soon as humanly possible.

The silence was broken when the hospital room door opened again allowing a short older man with a black mask and yellow cape to make his way inside. Cassie was quick to recognize him as the pro hero Gran Torino, the hero Izuku had been interning with.

Cassie held back the urge to fangirl, like her green haired friend she was a big hero nerd so this was an exciting experience for her despite the circumstances of how it was taking place.

" You are the students who brought down the hero killer, correct?" all four students nodded their heads in unison. " Regarding his condition when he was apprehended, he sustained fairly serious injuries including but not limited to burns and broken bones and is receiving treatment in a contained facility, woof. '' Tsuragamae stated matter of factly.

Cassie could tell her friends were shocked when the man actually woofed as they probably weren't expecting that, she however was already well acquainted with his speaking habits and thus was not bothered by the man's occasional barking, it was a result of his quirk after all.

" Even if it were an act of defense in which I understand the need to fight, you four have used your quirks without certification which is strictly prohibited under the law. Sadly this means all of you will receive strict punishment, including your mentors who let you go unsupervised." Tsuragamae continued speaking, crossing his arms over his chest in disappointment.

Todoroki gritted his teeth, stepping forward, his fists clenched at his side. " Wait a second, if Iida had not done anything then Native would have been killed. If Midoriya had not come then they both would have been killed, and leave Cassie out of this she did nothing wrong, she did not engage in the fight, are you saying we should have followed the rules and watched people die?" Oh no this wasn't good things were clearly getting out of hand fast.

" wait-" Izuku tried to interject, putting his arm out to stop Todoroki from advancing more. " Are you saying that as long as things turn out well then it's okay to bend the rules?'' Tsuragamae challenged in a calm tone. Todoroki sucked in a breath of air frowning angrily. " Isn't it a hero's job to save people?"

Tsuragamae shook his head letting out a disappointed sigh " That is why you are not a full fledged hero yet. My goodness, what are you being taught by U.A and Endeavor, woof? " this was what sent Todoroki over the edge, pushing past Izuku and Iida the boy practically growled, stepping towards the chief of police.

" You damn mutt " he hissed angrily, Cassie shifted her weight hiding behind Tsuragamae ever so slightly. Gran Torino was the one to step in this time. " Hang on young man, please hear him out until the end." the short man pleaded hopefully.

Todoroki noticed Cassie's growing skittishness realizing he was the reason she was nervous and did his best to calm down for her sake. Tsuragamae cleared his throat waiting a second before continuing. " That was the official police opinion, however punishment would make the situation public and if this were in fact made public I have no doubt you would be applauded but you would not be able to go unpunished. "

" On the other hand if kept under wraps, the burns the hero killer sustained would support the claim of Endeavor being the hero who saved the day, and things would end there, woof " Tsuragamae moved a hand to his hip tilting his head. " but this would mean your good judgment would go unnoticed, which do you prefer?" he asked, already knowing the students' answers.

It was silent in the room so the man spoke up again. " I for one don't want to find fault in such promising young ones, especially not miss Fox who I know has much potential. " Cassie beamed up at the police chief, hearing his praise meant a lot to her as she saw the man as a sort of parental figure.

Iida was the first to apologize followed closely by Izuku and Cassie, Todorki took a few seconds to think before conceding. " Please take care of it." he grumbled half heartedly gently tugging Cassie from behind Tsuragamae and into his arms, bending down to perch his head on top of hers.

" I would like to personally thank you for protecting the people, and for keeping Cassie safe. '' The chief bowed his head in respect to the students. " Next time please start with that.'' Todoroki frowned although clearly he was calm now.

Cassie laughed softly, Iida and Izuku smiling at their friends' words. Cassie said goodbye to Tsuragamae tearfully giving the man a hug. " Goodbye sir, I promise to stay out of trouble, so please do not worry about me." The pinkette smiled as she waved happily.

Tsuragamae chuckled, he was proud of how far the girl had come and knew that she was one day going to be a great hero, not like her father who had fallen into the darkness of hero society. Of course Cassie would never be aware of that though.