Meeting Hawks ( Paranormal liberation )

Red feathers fell from the sky and Cassie glanced around looking for their owner giddily. She would be lying if she said she didn't have a sort of celebrity crush on the hero who those feathers clearly belonged to.

" Heyo!'' a man's voice called out to the group from above and Cassie squealed, bouncing on the balls of her feet. Todoroki squeezed Cassie's hand watching her fondly, his free hand coming up to rest on the top of her head to stop her bouncing.

Cassie stilled her movements blushing in embarrassment, smiling sheepishly up at the boy who just nodded his head in acknowledgement. Todoroki already knew about her fangirling, in a way she was a lot like Midoriya and his fan tendencies, it was one of the things that made the green haired boy become friends with the pinkette.

Speaking of Midoriya, Todoroki glanced over at his friend who was also showing his excitement albeit in a far different way. Midoriya was flipping through a worn notebook which the dual haired boy was quick to identify as his hero journal, if he remembered correctly both he and Cassie had entries in that book along with the rest of their classmates.

A man about five foot seven dropped down to the street in front of the group, his bright red wings casting shadows onto the sidewalk. Endeavor was the first to speak and he didn't seem very pleased at the other hero's arrival.

" What do you want, Hawks?'' the flame hero grumbled stepping up to talk to the other hero who grinned waving to the students who were behind Endeavor. Cassie gasped frantically waving back her cheeks dusting pink with excitement.

" Well hello to you too, I was just wondering if you've read this book yet?'' the winged hero asked, holding up a book for Endeavor to see. Cassie's smile dropped as she observed the two hero's talking privately to each other. Both seemed relaxed but Hawk's usual laid back smirk seemed almost strained. They were talking about a lot more than just some random book.

" It's very interesting, from what I've read it holds many predictions about the present but the book itself was written a long time ago. " Hawks explained handing the book to Endeavor who visibly stiffened.  " If you don't have time to read it, I've gone ahead and highlighted some parts for you that are especially interesting.

Endeavor took the book from Hawks glancing at it and then back to the other hero with an inquisitive look. " Please make sure you read it, it really does go with the times!'' the man exclaimed a little too happily even for Cassie. It was all very unusual, at least Cassie thought it was.

" I should read it, too." Izuku muttered to himself from beside Cassie and Shoto glancing at the books cover with his hand on his chin a curious look on his face. Cassie chuckled, her friends were all such nerds in their own special way.

Hawks finally addresses the students pulling out several copies of Meta Liberation War from his pocket, handing them out to each of the four students. Cassie held her breath when a copy was handed to her as she tugged excitedly on Todoroki's sleeve who was still watching her affectionately. " I brought extra copies for enthusiastic readers just like you!'' the winged man exclaimed, a little too excited to give out books.

Hawks met Cassie's gaze and his eyes seemed to harden ever so slightly, for just a split second it seemed like he was sizing the girl up, assessing her for some unknown reason and the giddy feeling in Cassie's stomach suddenly vanished, it was clear something wasn't right here.

Now that she was looking at the scene before her more clearly she could sense the tense atmosphere and quietly to herself Cassie wondered if the other three had sensed something was off as well. But sadly a subtle glance at each of them proved to Cassie that she was the only one to be seriously analyzing the situation.

Tororoki frowned at his girlfriend as he realized she wasn't smiling anymore. Cassie just shot him a small grin and a whispered promise to talk to him later. " Ah! I knew I recognized you from the sports festival!" Hawks exclaimed, raising an eyebrow, his eyes crinkling at the corner as his wide smile returned to his face.

Cassie pointed at herself in confusion glancing around to make sure he was talking to her. " Who, me?'' she asked dumbfounded that the hero was even talking to her in the first place. The winged man nodded his head in conformation. " Cassie fox, of course I know who you are.''

Again Cassie felt uneasy, why was he putting extra emphasis on her last name and why was he glancing over at Endeavor while talking to her. The pinkette frowned, nodding her head, eyeing the hero up and down noting his posture; it was almost as if he were ready to fight.

If she didn't know any better she would have thought he was waiting for her to attack him. For some reason he seemed to be analyzing her with his gaze and Cassie shifted her weight from foot to foot. " Um... yeah that's me.'' the girl replied unsure of herself now, why did it seem like this man saw her as a threat?

What reason would she have to ever attack the hero's who she was training to be like, it didn't make sense but from the look the winged man was giving her made Cassie wonder if he really actually did see her as a threat, but a threat to what Cassie didn't know.