Shopping with Ray

Chattering people mingled around the large fancy mall in the center of the Musutafu district. It was where all the wealthy people went to shop, or at least the second floor was where most of the more designer stores sat.

Ray had gotten her monthly pity paycheck from her mother and was determined to spend it on some new limited edition Nighteye figure that she had seen online a few days prior to their trip. Of course Cassie was tagging along as well, not to buy anything in particular just to be in the presence of her very best friend.

Cassie happily browsed through an indoor succulent stand, hoping to find some new plant babies that she hadn't grown herself. She didn't like using her quirk for anything other than fighting and occasional environmental revival.

Yes she loved plants and all things earthy, but she just liked the idea of raising a plant on her own without the aid of her quirk. She would still use her quirk if one of her plants got sick but other than that she took home small plants from local flower shops to help their business's grow and furious like small delicate sprouts.

After picking out a small baby Echeveria Elegan that was tinged a beautiful subtle pink and some peachy yellow Euphorbia Milii she left the flower stand and made her way back to her friend from the corner of her eye, Cassie caught a glimpse of a foreboding figure among the crowd.

From what she caught in her peripheral vision the what she assumed to be a man, was clad in all black from head to toe. The hood of his black hoodie drawn over his head obscuring his features from view, all her eyes could really register as unique was a glimpse of long chin length blue hair.

In Front of the man was her classmate Izuku who's expression caused Cassie's body to freeze in place, swiveling her body to face her clearly distressed classmate even though he probably couldn't see her through the crowd.

The green haired boy looked absolutely petrified, standing stock still despite the people around him. The hooded man was saying something and was that his hand around Izuku's neck? Biting the inside of her cheek Cassie began pushing through the crowd trying to get to her classmate who might have been in danger.

Several random civilians obscured her vision and by the time she had shoved through the crowd her classmate and the hooded figure were long gone. It was almost as if they hadn't even been there in the first place.

Cassie knew better than to assume what she saw was simply her mind playing tricks on her, because for what seemed like a split second her wide green eyes met with Izuku's and he was able to mouth one single word before she lost sight of the boy. He had just told the small pinkette to run.

Cassie glanced around looking for her classmate but to no avail. Eventually she gave up Izuku's warning replaying in her head as she turned on her heel and ran, she had to tell Ray something was about to happen at that mall.

Despite her growing worry Cassie's senses were razor sharp, thinking back several of her classmates were also at the mall to celebrate passing their exams so they were here somewhere inside the large shopping center, maybe she could find them and warn them as well?

Cassie felt eyes piercing into the back of her head watching her every move as she dashed across the mall making a beeline for the hot topic where her friend currently was. She no longer cared if she was bringing attention to herself, her friends might be in danger.

As the pinkette grew closer and closer to the store her nerves calmed. She was almost there just a few more strides until she got to the shop doors. Cassie was stopped in her tracks as she felt a large calloused hand grasping her shoulder yanking her backwards into someone's chest.

She was about to scream but a voice stopped any sound from escaping her lips. " If you say a single word or act like you're in danger for even a second, I will kill you and your classmates here and now." The voice was hoarse and dry just hearing it hurt Cassie's throat.

Her eyes widened in horror, she recognized that voice. How could she not recognize it, a voice so distinct and spine chilling. A voice that belonged to a man who might have known more about her past than she did.

" What do you want?'' Cassie growled softly, resisting the urge to kick the man behind her in the balls. He chuckled and that alone was enough to freeze any thought Cassie had of fighting back. Somehow all the fight drained from her body in mere seconds.

" Calm down Fox, I only want to thank you." the man cooed mockingly, tapping her shoulder with one of his fingers. Cassie noted that yet again not all of his fingers were touching her. The villain kept one finger hovering above but not on her shoulder. Clearly complete contact would activate his quirk, she didn't need an explanation to know that but he gave her one anyway.

" Are you done yet?'' Cassie asked, glancing at the Hot Topic kiosk door waiting for her friend to walk out, surely she was in there looking for that figure. " Call me Shigaraki." the man demanded and Cassie scoffed. " Why would you tell me your name? I don't care who you are. The next time we meet I'll turn you in." Cassie stated confidently although she wasn't exactly sure that what she was saying was true.

Shigaraki let out an exasperated sigh. " You were one of the students to capture the hero killer, correct? I want to thank you for keeping the attention off of me. None of the hero's are even looking for my team. This really does help me out a lot."

Cassie gulped trying her best to remain strong and confident even with her life in immediate danger. All she had to do was stall him until Ray came to find her. " That just means you're a really shitty villain." The pinkette bit out an insult hoping to spur the man into going into another monologue.

Before he could speak again a small well aimed blast of bluish energy struck the man behind Cassie in the left shoulder sending him stumbling backwards, clutching his arm instinctively while hissing in pain.

Ray stood in the entrance of the hot topic, a small plastic bag in her right hand and another flickering ball of energy in her left. " Step away from my best friend you raggedy ass bitch.''

The blue haired girl snarled and in the moment she really did remind Cassie of a dragon. That was her quirk afterall.

Shigaraki put his hands in the air backing away slowly as a twisted grin spread across his cracked lips. " No need to be hostile, using quirks without a license is prohibited, you know." he cautioned, his blood red eyes glinting in the mall's fluorescent light.

Ray rolled her eyes, pulling her hero license out of her pocket and holding it up next to her face. " I'm a third year motherfucker. I have my license sot that means I can whoop your ass for being a creep." the girl threatened tucking her hero license away again before grabbing Cassie's hand and pulling the pinkette to her side.

" If I catch you anywhere near Cassie I swear to god I'll end your whole ass career as a villain before it even starts." and that was the point where shigaraki dipped, he waved mockingly and vanished back into the crowd without another word.

Both girls were on edge but somehow still managed to brush the incident aside for the moment at least and enjoy the rest of their time out. In the back of her mind however Cassie still felt the gaze of someone watching her no matter where the two friends went for the rest of the day.