Training

For several weeks this became their routine. Cassie would stay after school for a tutoring session with Todoroki then he would walk her home once it got dark out. Sometimes they would hold hands, other times they would just walk shoulder to shoulder finding comfort in each other's presence.

Once sports festival training started however Cassie and Shoto had to put a hold on their tutoring in favor of training up their quirks with the rest of 1A. Cassie in particular didn't mind not having to study every afternoon.

Dodging a blow from her fellow classmate Kirishima Cassie blew out a puff of air calling for a quick timeout. They had been sparring for around ten minutes and she was yet to find an opening to attack. She was currently utilizing a quick timeout period given to her by Aizawa to formulate a plan of action.

Kirishima was a brute force kind of fighters, he didn't come up with strategies he just punched whatever was in his way and called it a day. Cassie was the opposite, she liked to rely on stealth and quick fluid attacks that she could catch her enemies off guard with.

Using the timeout to her advantage Cassie sized up her opponent wiping the sweat from her brow. Her tanned hands combed through her long pink hair quickly and expertly tying it up in a high ponytail, which she probably should have done from the start.

Kirishima also used the time to catch his breath, Cassie was a lot smaller than him allowing her to be faster and lighter on her feet. She easily dodged most of his attacks; the only blow he had landed was when she had tried to duck during a fake out attack.

From the sidelines the rest of class 1A watched with wrapped intention, several commenting on the battle itself, Izuku Midoria writing feverishly in his hero journal while he quietly listened to Denki and Mineta converse amongst themselves.

Shoto was also listening to the two boys' conversation growing increasingly more angry with every word that passed their lips. " Dude she's so hot when she's focused." the blonde electric boy observed scanning the pink haired girl in question up and down approvingly.

" I know right, look at her boo-" Mineta started to chime in practically foaming at the mouth, his hands making erratic grabbing motions. The perverted boy was quickly cut off as a giant spike of ice encased him, freezing the poor grape boy solid.

Almost every head in the room turned towards Shoto who sat still completely focused on Cassie and Kirishima's fight. Denki sweat dropped, clearing his throat putting his hands up in the air in surrender. " He didn't mean it like that man."

The electric quirk user tried to explain much to the confusion of his classmates who hadn't been listening to their conversation. Shoto glared coldly at both boys from the corner of his eyes, giving them a silent warning.

After a few minutes of convincing, Todoroki reluctantly unfroze his classmate claiming he had somehow lost control of his quirk which none of his classmates actually believed in the slightest. Mineta and Denki didn't speak again.

Cassie ducked under Kirishima's fist finally taking a chance to launch her own surprise attack. Once she was close enough to the rocky floor she dropped her body down kicking her legs out, sweeping them under Kirishima's feet to knock him down.

Once she has successfully thrown off his balance she threw a punch of her own hitting him square in the jaw as he fell backwards flailing his arms around to break his fall. A whistle blew and the match was over, their hand to hand combat practice match ended in a win for Cassie.

Cassie doubled over hands clutching her knees as she caught her breath. Once she found her bearing the pinkette began to jump up and down in celebration, throwing her fist in the air, smiling brightly at her classmates who cheered her on, a few of the girls even joined in her enthusiastic jumping.

Kirishima groaned from the ground rubbing at his jaw. Before he could get up on his own Cassie was next to him helping the boy to his feet. She could tell the redhead was a little down so Cassie decided to cheer him up by telling him how strong he was.

" And then you were like pow, and I was like oh shit.'' Cassie gestured her hands around as she tried to explain their fight to Kirishima. Soon enough the boy was all smiles and sunshine laughing in sync with Cassie while they walked back to the sidelines to rejoin their classmates who were waiting to greet them.

Cassie was instantly swarmed by the other girls whom she had formed a strong bond with. Uraraka and Mina were the first to initiate a group hug with Cassie at the center. After a few seconds of the girls smothering Cassie lovingly, Todoroki cleared his throat.

The girls were quick to part from Cassie, letting Todoroki take their place next to the happy pinkette. Todoroki strode forward grasping Cassie's hand in his pulling her into his arms scanning her up and down with his sharp narrow eyes.

" Are you unharmed?" he asked quietly, only for the girl in his arms to hear. Cassie shivered as goosebumps raced up her arms. Todoroki extended his hand brushing a strand of loose pink hair that had fallen out of Cassie's ponytail behind her pointed ear.

Cassie smiled brightly up at the boy. " Yeah I'm okay, even better now that you're here." The pinkette was quick to add leaning her head against Todoroki's toned chest. She breathed in his scent, a mix of firewood and peppermint, it made her feel safe.

The rest of the class watched quietly, some were shocked while others had already felt the unusual tension between their two classmates and suspected that there was something more to their relationship. Momo stood quietly next to Jiro, her arms crossed over her chest, a frown gracing her lips in displeasure.