Hero killer part 1

Cassie shivered, wrapping her arms around her body as she scanned the streets of the Hosu district trailing behind Endeavor and Todoroki. She wasn't complaining the view was great but technically speaking she was supposed to be looking for criminals and not at Todoroki's back muscles but she wasn't one to sweat the details.

Due to her keen observations Cassie was the first to notice something wasn't quite right. It was too quiet, especially for the normally very populated Hosu district. The pinkette thought back to the news that had been broadcasted about a week ago.

There was a murderer out in the streets who was killing pro hero's. She hadn't thought much about the situation, figuring it was over-dramatized and that the hero's had things under control until that moment.

Now she realized fully just how uneasy the public was, it was evident to her in that moment that things were worse than she had originally thought. She was snapped back to reality when her phone buzzed inside her costume's hidden pocket.

Glancing at Endeavor to make sure he wasn't paying attention she quietly pulled out her phone noting that Todoroki had also taken to his device, maybe he had texted her something?

Unlocking her phone Cassie tapped her message app frowning slightly upon seeing Izuku's name light up instead of Shoto's. Not that she didn't care for her friend she obviously did, she just couldn't get the boy in front of her out of her daydreams.

Raising an eyebrow Cassie scanned the text sent by her green haired friend. It was rather cryptic, nothing but a location where Izuku presumably was, this wasn't Izuku's normal texting style so Cassie was a bit caught off guard. Normally when the two texted they would just send pro hero Tig-Togs back and forth and talk about whatever had happened in class at the time.

Looking up she noticed Todoroki was gone. She tilted her head wondering where he had run off to in the few minutes she had looked down. Endeavor was upset, glaring at the girl as if it were her fault the boy wasn't there anymore. Cassie shrunk under his glare offering up a sheepish smile despite the worry poking at the back of her mind.

" I'm being called to aid in a fight. Are you going to live up to my expectations and do what you're told by analyzing the fight or are you going to run off like my son?" the hero asked although from the way he worded his question it sounded more like a thinly veiled threat.

Cassie bit her lip glancing at her phone then back to the hero. She felt torn in what she was supposed to do. It was clear to her that her friend might be in danger he wouldn't have just randomly sent his location, Cassie knew how seriously he was taking his internship no way he would be on the phone while patrolling.

She also had a hunch that Todoroki had also received a text message from Izuku, that's probably what he was looking at on his phone, and if Todoroki went to help she should probably go as well.

However on the flip side the girl had already pissed off her maybe boyfriend's dad and more than likely left an unfavorable impression, she might never get his approval if she up and dipped. She didn't need his approval of her and his son's relationship but it would be nice to have nonetheless.

With all this in mind Cassie made her decision, taking a deep breath of air. " Sorry but my friend might be in trouble." the girl shouted as she ran in the direction of her classmate throwing caution to the wind in order to flip off Endeavor for good measure. She sprinted as fast as she could down the empty street, her feet thumping against the concrete, the only sound she could hear other than the loud beating of her heart.

As she neared the location, which was a sketchy looking alleyway Cassie wrinkled her nose the smell of blood permeating her senses, something was definitely wrong that was for sure.

She had to fight back a scream when she saw what had happened. Fresh blood oozed out of the body of whom Cassie vaguely recognized as the pro hero Native, in hindsight probably not the best hero name and costume. But questionable branding choices aside, he was a hero, possibly a very dead hero if not taken to the hospital.

Next her wide green eyes flitted to Iida who lay on the ground angrily shouting at Izuku who was jumping around avoiding slash after slash from a what she thought to be katana of sorts. The man weiding it was terrifying, a long almost reptilian tongue lulling past his lips that were curled back into a wide deranged grin. The upper half of his face was covered by a mask as if that would make him any less identifiable.

The poor girl was spotted almost instantly by the villain and before she could react she found her arms restrained behind her back and a sword to her neck. Cassie gasped looking at her friends who had frozen, well in Iida's case not much had changed, the pinkette figured his condition had something to do with this man's quirk.

Todoroki was there as well but she hadn't focused on him much because out of the three boys he seemed to be the least hurt. But now that she was at knife point her attention was snapped towards the boy as she felt the air around her growing colder.

" If any of you move I'll slit her throat." The man's voice was hoarse, scratchy and high pitched. If he weren't threatening her life Cassie might have offered to grow some tea leafs for some soothing herbal tea.

Iida started shouting but Cassie couldn't understand what he was saying. It all sounded jumbled and manic. Izuku piped in quickly, cutting the blue haired boy off " Cassie, don't let him ingest your blood!"