Calm before the storm

Cassie watched as her classmates dragged Izuku into the heights alliance building. It was absolute chaos, most of the boys had teamed up to get their bedraggled green haired friend freshened up, and apparently being calm and collected was not on the table.

The night was long, the class having gathered in the living room surrounding Izuku who was wrapped in a blanket, his hair still damp from his bath. Cassie was curled up on the couch with a cup of cocoa clutched tightly in her hands, her eyes slowly blinking as she tried to stay awake.

Uraraka sat on her left and Momo on her right, both girls multitasking by keeping Cassie from dropping her mug and talking with the rest of their classmates. Eventually Todoroki came out to join them and took a seat next to Izuku looking over at him with a blank expression.

By now Cassie had fallen asleep and her two friend had given her the couch to lay on because they didn't have the heart to move her to her room and possibly wake her up, it had been a long day and everyone knew Cassie was very susceptible to the weather but despite that she had stayed out in the cold rain for hours helping her classmates catch Izuku and then even more time on the roof with Uraraka.

Izuku scratched the back of his neck awkwardly looking at Cassie for a few seconds before turning to Todoroki. He was honestly a little worried about how his friend would interact with him now that it was common knowledge that he had some lingering feelings for the pinkette that his friend was dating.

" I understand why you like her." Todoroki's words caught Izuku off guard and he snapped his head up to make eye contact with the boy next to him. " W-what?'' he stuttered in surprise unsure of where this conversation was going.

Todoroki sighed, running a hand through his hair before turning his gaze to the pinkette across from them, peacefully sleeping without a care in the world. " It is hard to hate her... so I can see why her personality would draw you in." he tried to explain again, folding his hands into his lap.

Izuku sighed, nodding his head in confirmation. " Yeah, yeah it is hard not to like her. I'm really happy for you Todoroki, she cares about you so much its clear and I don't want to get in the way of your happiness." he cautioned waving his hands frantically as he tried to explain himself.

" I don't even think she fully realizes how I feel about her so it doesn't matter. Honestly I just hate seeing her so upset. I wanted to be able to make her smile as bright as possible for as long as possible." the green haired boy added and Todoroki nodded his head in understanding.

" Yes I agree, I am sure most of our classmates share that sentiment. Thank you for caring about her safety." Todoroki glanced over at Izuku who nodded his head smiling softly down at his hands. " Yeah, no problem Todoroki." he mumbled before standing up in front of the dual haired boy.

" You better make me your best man at the wedding okay!" Izuku demanded, seemingly a little bit more energized now that the tension between the two friends had been settled. Todoroki chuckled, nodding his head in confirmation. " Okay I will make sure to do that."

The next hour the two boys talked back and forth catching each other up on events and conversing occasionally with their classmates who would come in and out of the living room every once in a while.

Eventually Izuku had bid his friends goodnight wanting to get some much needed rest after a week of fighting for his life nonstop and Todoroki was quick to agree letting his friend get some down time.

Todoroki made his way to Cassie's side, scooping her body up in his strong arms and bringing her to the elevators so he could drop her off in her room instead of letting her sleep on the couch. " Are you two done talking?'' a small voice caught the boys attention as he glanced down at the pinkette in his arms.

Her eyes were cracked open ever so slightly as she looked up at him, a tired yawn escaping her lips as she stretched her arms out above her head, carefully trying not to deck Todoroki in the face as she did so.

The boy smiled softly, nodding his head in confirmation. " How long have you been awake Cassie?" he asked, gently tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Cassie chuckled, her cheeks flushing pink at his actions.

" I was awake for the latter half of your conversation, I'm glad you two could work things out, it makes me very happy." She stuck her tongue out playfully at the boy who scoffed at her expression. He was happy that for at least a little while he could just spend some time with Cassie and his friends before he had to go and fight alongside his father.

" You won my father over; it was quite impressive." Todoroki commented and noted how Cassie's face soured slightly at the mention of the hero. The boy laughed quietly smiling as he walked to Cassie's dorm opening the door with his foot. " I don't care about his approval." the pinkette huffed defiantly.

Todoroki nodded his head, his dual colored hair bouncing slightly with his head movements. " I know you don't." He agreed, setting Cassie down on her bed. He turned to make his way out of the room to let her sleep but was stopped by the girl's hand grabbing his.

" Can you stay here with me tonight, I don't want to be alone." Cassie whispered hesitantly, her cheeks once more flushing with embarrassment. Todoroki felt his heart skip a beat as he sighed climbing into bed next to the girl.

He pulled her into his arms, her back pressed against his well toned chest as he rested his chin on the top of her head closing his eyes. " I won't go anywhere, so get some sleep now okay?" he whispered against the shell of the girls pointed ear.

" Okay." Cassie's response was small and Todoroki almost wouldn't have heard her if it weren't for their close proximity. He smiled against her hair letting the both of them drift off into a calm peaceful slumber.