𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 62

[Bexey's Pov]

"Vlad did say they covered it up by saying Annabelle went with another man. This feels so wrong not to tell Anthony the truth!"

"He's already got enough on his plate a new brother coming. It's best to not make things worse" Geni says.

"She wasn't the best anyway. Geni I'm sure Vlad will be back soon!"

Speak of them.
———

[Rex's Pov]

We walked in and I saw two other people but I want to explore the house!

"Babe...why is there a kid here?"

He looks pretty! She does as well! The one who has brown hair with little red in it must be the boyfriend!

"Hi, I'm Rex! Are you Vlad's boyfriend?"

Vlad seemed nervous as I hugged their boyfriend. "It's so nice to meet you! What's your name?"

"Uh so...I may not have kidnapped this kid and want for us to raise him"

"It's Geni. Vlad kitchen now"

I saw the two walk away as I look at the girl. "Hi! You're pretty what's your name?"

We sat down as she smiled. "I'm Bexey! Rex...where are your parents?"

"Vlad said they were sleeping but I knew they were dead. I-it was scary I was tied up and I think Vlad was going to do the same thing he did to my mummy and daddy"

"Vlad likes to be called they/it; why aren't you terrified of them now?!"

"Daddy wasn't nice to me and mummy liked to not be around at night. I went along with Vlad because they seem nice! Maybe a new parent!"

Bexey seemed shocked as I tilt my head. "You don't seem happy about this. Why do you look like you're upset?"

"I saw your bruises...when you said your daddy wasn't nice to you. Did he ever hurt you?"

"Yes, when he had bottles. He was...scary but now I have a new role model I will look up to!"

"Rex Vlad hasn't taken care of a kid before and are you sure you want to look up to Vlad, they are nice but I don't think they are the parent material"

"I'm sure Bexey. Thanks for looking out for me even though we have only just met. I like you already I hope you'll get to like me as well! We could all be a family!"

Bexey holds up her hand as I high-five them. "Sure kid I hope so too. I already find you to be a little cutie! I hope Geni won't go full hulk on Vlad"

"I like avengers. I haven't seen all the movies but I've seen a few. I don't want to cause trouble for Vlad..."

"You won't. I accept you and when you meet the others I'm sure they will as well"

"Geni looked at me funny..."

"You were just a surprise to us. I promise things will be good for you now Rex"

I kick off my shoes crossing my legs onto the couch. "Promises get broken. How do I know you won't?"

"It's the truth. I won't break it"
————-

[Vlad's Pov]

Geni handed me my phone as I leaned against the counter waiting to be scolded.

"I think this is one of the craziest things you have done. Have you ever thought of all the processes we have to go through to legally be his guardians? You don't even know what fucking school he goes to. He doesn't even have even stuff and who said we were gonna take care of a kid! Babe, we're still young and I don't think we're responsible enough to take off however old he is! How will we get him to school when we're still in school ourselves?! WHY DID YOU RANDOMLY TAKE THIS KID WITH YOU AND NOT DISCUSS ME ABOUT THIS? Also, have you calmed down from earlier?"

I sigh crossing my arms. "I have but we don't have a choice darling, he has no parents anymore I killed them and you know what I'm like with an orphanage"

"Vlad...adoption centres exist! Rex can find people who will give him what he needs! So don't get the others excited about Rex being permanent"

"This kid is different! He's smart for his age I'm sure he knows what school he goes to. You can manipulate them! That's your power! I love you and I know we can do this. You'll grow to like him over time! Give this a chance...maybe this is a sign for us to improve!"

Geni holds my hands. "It's just...I'm afraid you'll give your all attention to Rex and...I'll be jealous"

"Sweetheart I'll still give you the attention and you'll have nothing to be jealous about" I kiss his cheek. "I promise I'll take on my responsibility and cut down on killing. I'll only do the necessary for when we run low and not just go do it for no reason"

"I'm sorry for sounding selfish. That's just how I tell wanted to tell you how I feel. Vlad this will take me time to accept Rex. This was so unexpected and it's scary because I think to myself what if I'm not a good enough parent? I'll stop being a pain in the ass and just go to our room"

I pull Geni back lifting him (don't worry I didn't scare him.) wrapping his legs around my waist. "Hey you aren't being a pain and you aren't being selfish. Who said we would have to label ourselves as the parents? We don't have to if you don't want to. I don't fancy the 'dad' word anyway. Sounds terrible! We can just be known as the people who look after the kid. Not the parents there's a difference. Like how a babysitter looks after the kids or kid! I won't force you into anything you don't want to do"

"This is one of the reasons why I love you to infinity you angel" I put Geni back onto the counter as we both blushed.

"Mhm...opposite from an angel. This is unexpected and I find it scary as well but we fight the world. Listen...I'll give up Rex for you you're my number one. Just say the words; he's no longer here"

"If you wanna do this then I'll have to deal with it, we'll find a compromise"

Cannot concentrate I let go of Geni but still held him. "Thank you for being understanding. I don't think I regret this one bit"

"It's a lot of responsibility...I don't want my fears to come true. I know we've talked about kids but...I'm terrified, Vlad"

"I know you wouldn't hurt Rex. Geni you're nothing like your dad. You're amazing you're a better person"

"I believe that. Thanks, babe"