6.

Joe
After finishing an episode of SmackDown, I unfortunately had to head back to Pensacola, Florida to see my wife for the first time in over a month. I was debating on heading over to get the divorce papers but I think it would be easier to go on ahead and get them just in case I needed them anytime soon.

When I arrived home, I went inside of the house and Galina was sitting in her leather recliner in the living room and playing around on her phone with a smile on her face. The moment she seen me walking into the living room, her smile began to fade.

"Nice to see you back at home, Joe."

"It's nice to see you too, bitch." I said underneath my breath.

"What was that?" She asked, looking over at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Nothing, I said that it was nice to see you too baby."

"That's what I thought." She scoffed, "Do you wanna go out tonight?"

"I guess so, yeah."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Honestly, it's all up to you." I insisted.

"How about O'Brien's Bistro?"

"Sure. Get dressed."

I really wasn't feeling the spark in our marriage anymore. Like I've said before, I've been trying my hardest to work on this toxic marriage with Galina; but it doesn't feel the same, nor does it feel like it's going to get any better from here.

An hour later at the restaurant, we took a seat and we ordered the usual dinner that we have in which consisted of Bistro Burger and a Smoked Salmon Plate on the side. It didn't take long for our food to arrive right after placing our order.

"So Joe, how's...work?"

"It's going good. I'm close to becoming a unified champion comes WrestleMania and my heel run has been incredible. Everyone is enjoying it so much to where I'm getting a bigger paycheck from the boss pretty soon."

"I see, well that's interesting."

"Mhm." I nodded, "You know Galina. I wanna talk about something when we're done eating dinner about something important. About us."

No, I wasn't going to discuss getting a divorce right now. I still wanted to fix things although I know this isn't going to end well and it'll resort to me getting myself into a hotel as always. Every time I've tried to tell her how I feel, it always ends with her making it all about herself.

"I guess. I just hate that you're never around as much." She looked down in defeat.

"I can't help that at all." I sighed. "You know that. I'm really trying babe."

After we finished our dinner, I drove the both of us back home with silence between us the entire ride back. When we arrived back home, I sat her down on the couch and started to have a conversation with each other to see if we could fix this toxic marriage that we both have.

"Listen babe, I don't feel happy in this marriage anymore and I just..."

"So you're telling me that you aren't happy anymore?" She interrupted.

I huffed, "No, Galina. You didn't even let me finish..."

"Then what the fuck are you talking about?"

"What I'm trying to say before I was so rudely interrupted was that I want to make this marriage with you work, but you're making it extremely difficult for me and I've been trying my hardest for us for awhile now."

"Maybe I'm just tired of the same routine of me sitting at home without my husband around; we never have sex anymore, we never go out on little dates anymore and you always seem so distant from me!"

Here we go, again...

"Maybe it's because you always jump to conclusions about me and not understand that I've been working in the WWE for years and it's ringing in the money for us. Even before we got married, you said that you were just fine with me being on the road. I understand that it's hard not having me around all the time but you have friends to hang out with and our families while I'm gone and you know that. I love you and I just want to make this work..."

"Joe, I've been wanting you to just take time off so we could rekindle this marriage but I don't see that working out. Cut the excuses."

"Honestly Galina, me either." I shook my head, "I'm just trying to be the best husband in the entire world but you're making it completely impossible with all of this arguing and making unnecessary assumptions about me. I've been doing my best to please you whether it's the smallest of things like gifts or pleasuring you in the bedroom; which I know has been rare but it's because I've been on a busy schedule. It's like you enjoy the toxicity between us and I'm not enjoying this one bit."

"For your information Joe, I'm tired of these little excuses about how you gotta work matches and all that whatnot. I don't care if you're being honest or not about the matches and having to work constant shows. It seems to me like you care more for the WWE than you do for me and it shows! If you truly cared about me, then you'd leave that company."

Yet the WWE is the reason why I've been making tons of money and giving me the opportunity to provide for the both of us. This bitch...

I said bluntly, "Then how about we get a divorce? This marriage that we both have clearly isn't going to work out and you know that."

"Excuse me?" She said with an attitude.

"You heard me. I'm tired of this and although we both have tried marriage counseling and everything else, it doesn't seem to work and I think it's for the best if we just call it quits with each other." I huffed, "This marriage is toxic as fuck and there's no fixing us."

"But Joe, I..."

"I don't wanna hear it!" I accidentally raised my voice, "I've tried to be a good husband to you. I've been providing for your spoiled ass for years and even trying to make you the happiest woman alive. You're nowhere near the same Galina I fell in love with back in college and as much as I've tried to make things better for the both of us, nothing's gonna work."

Galina stood up from the couch and attempted to smack me in the face repeatedly, "You motherfucker! All of those years of us being married and you wanna throw it away? Are you fucking some bitch behind my back?"

"I'm not throwing away what we had. You know as good as I do that we've both tried to fix this toxic ass marriage between us, but it isn't working out in our favor. And I haven't been fucking any bitches either! I have been nothing but loyal to you this entire marriage."

Although I thought back to when I first met Chloe in Toronto, I thought she was insanely sexy but I wasn't the one to cheat on my wife. Of course, I had sexual thoughts but because I was a married man, I wasn't going to act on the sexual urges. As for most guys, they would've hit it almost immediately without any sense of remorse but for me? I've tried to make things work, but I believe that it was for the best that Galina and I went our separate ways in life.

"Then why haven't we been fucking then?"

"Wanna know why? My drive has been decreasing a lot ever since the constant arguing that we've been going through lately. You know, shit like this is what kills a marriage and a sex drive. Again, I've told you this before and I'll tell you again; this isn't clearly going to work out and I think a divorce will be the best option between us. I'm trying to be as mature as possible about this."

"You're impossible, Joe." She yelled, "Get out."

"My pleasure. Oh, and I'll give you the divorce papers tomorrow before I have to leave again. I tried to spend some time with you and I tried to be a better husband but it doesn't seem like that's going to work out, huh? All because you won't listen to me and my concerns when I would do that for you. Marriages are supposed to have their ups and downs, but not like this." I shook my head, "I can't even have a decent conversation without you going off on me every little second when I've tried to work this marriage out with you. I've tried hearing you out but then again, you always put the blame on me and make it seem like I'm the bad guy for just trying to provide for the both of us. Bye Galina."

After that, I drove off to the hotel and checked myself into a room for the night.