92.

"I cannot believe that Joe's about to head into surgery." Jonathan said as he started to eat a small bag of chips at the hospital's cafeteria.

"Me either." I sighed, "I almost thought Joe was gone completely."

"What do you mean by that?" Josh asked.

"Well, his heart had stopped for over thirty-seconds before he miraculously pulled through and started breathing again. It's a miracle, really; but I was almost on the verge of breaking down and screaming if he died."

"I understand that, Uce." Jonathan replied, "Listen, our cousin is a fighter. He's battled through so much and he's still pulling through."

"I see what you mean." I replied.

We proceeded to eat the rest of our food inside of the cafeteria before sitting outside the room and waiting to hear some updates regarding Joe's surgery.

After two hours passed, one of the doctors came out and approached the four of us with bloody gloves, a surgical mask, and the normal surgery outfit.

"We have some good news, and some bad news."

"What's the bad news?" I asked, feeling anxious upon asking the question.

The surgeon looked at me with a look of concern, "The bad news is that he needs to stay in the hospital for awhile longer. The good news is that the surgery went well and that you should be able to come and visit him later in the night."

"That's such a relief!" I say, "What all happened with my husband?"

"Like we said before, he experienced multiple bullets to the chest and it was a miracle that it didn't shoot towards his heart; otherwise, he would have died instantly. However, we examined his ribs and one was broken, and another was bruised from the impact."

"I'm glad you guys can get this resolved. I was worried about his life at first."

"Trust me, Mrs. Anoa'i, we've never once had a patient who fought so hard to stay alive before."

After a couple of hours had passed, we were able to step into Joe's room. He was finally awake after the surgery and I couldn't wait to see him again aftert worrying for hours on end for his health and safety.

When I opened the door, Joe's head turned and he started to flash a small smile upon seeing me.

"Baby..." Joe groaned, "Is everything okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

"I'm so sorry that I almost died out there. I remember telling you the story about Dante and his henchmen that were after me. If it wasn't for me killing all of them, they would've went after you and Alani. I just..."

Joe started to groan out in pain and fell back into his bed with his hand around his chest after the surgery.

"Joe, please calm down." I say, running my hand through his messy hair, "They can't bother us anymore."

"Yeah, you're right." He started to cough, "Was my surgery a success, babe?"

"It was, thankfully."

"What did they say?"

"Well, you have one broken rib and some are bruised. They said that if the bullets went through your heart, you would've died instantly."

"Thank God that I'm still alive." He attempted a smile and looked over at me, "I couldn't ask for a better wife."

"I want you to get your rest, babe. I promise that I'll bring Alani to come and see you."

"I'd love that, but who's watching our daughter? My cousins? Emma? My mother?"