32.

Joe
I was quick enough to grab the pistol that was hidden inside the glove box of my car and I glared around the house. I knew that somebody was here because of the flipped chair in the kitchen, the couch had a print like someone sat down on it for an extended amount of time.

Of course, I had a feeling that it could've been Chloe's ex-boyfriend, Joshua, or my ex-wife, Galina; although I was unsure if she knew about Chloe or not. I felt like Joshua somewhat escaped out from prison and was out for blood.

I reloaded my pistol and while doing that, I started to feel an eerie presence emerge from the other side of the room and we heard footsteps nearing closer and closer to the living room.

"Joe, I'm scared!" Chloe whimpered, clinging onto my side like a scared little child.

"I know baby. I'm gonna take care of this. I know someone's in here." I huffed, "I don't know who the fuck is lurking around the house, but they're about to die tonight."

Chloe stood next to me and her body began to tremble in pure freight. Suddenly, we heard a man's voice huskily laughing from a distance.

"Joe Anoa'i and Chloe Levine. It's nice to finally meet the both of you." He scoffed, "The name's Dante."

"Who the fuck are you, Dante? Why are you here? How do you know our names?"

"Who am I and why am I here, you ask?" He scoffed, "It's simple. You see, I'm here to kill you and your girlfriend tonight. It's pretty self-explanatory."

Dante quickly grabbed a revolver from his back pocket and quickly cocked the gun, pointing it towards us.

"Don't point that gun near my girlfriend or you'll be sorry."

"Oh and what are you gonna do about it, big man?" He laughed.

"What am I gonna do about it, huh?" I pointed my pistol close to his head, "I'll shoot your ass right here, right now. Don't fuck with me or my girl or else!" My voice deepened and I started to become enraged. "I will kill you!"

"D-Don't shoot us, please!" Chloe begged.

"I was hired to kill you two and I'm gonna take both of your asses out like I'm supposed to."

Dante's gun slowly started to press the trigger and before I knew it, Chloe sacrificed herself and jumped in front of me in order to save my life and my eyes began to widen in horror.

"Chloe!"

From there, I watched as Chloe's body hit the floor and all I could see was a pool of blood spilling all around the floor underneath her. She wasn't moving nor breathing.

"Y-You killed her." I stuttered and trembled at the sight of my girlfriend's body. "M-My wife."

"Mission accomplished." Dante laughed, pointing the gun towards my forehead, "Number one killed. Now it's your turn to die."

Seeing the love of my life laying there on the floor and most likely dead sent me into a rage that I've never felt before. I stood up and quickly knocked Dante's revolver out from his hands and cocked it against his forehead with tears flowing from my eyes with anger written all over my face.

"You sick motherfucker! You killed my wife, huh? You fucking killed the woman I loved and now I'm gonna kill your ass. I'm gonna make sure you see Hell early, you son of a bitch!" I shouted with tears still streaming down my face.

He started to laugh hysterically until I pulled the trigger. I shot him in the face as the bullet went through his skull and his lifeless body fell to the ground shortly after.