30.

When morning approached, I rubbed my eyes and glanced over at the door after hearing someone aggressively knocking.

"Fuck, who is it?" I asked myself with a groggy voice.

I stood up and went to answer the door and to my surprise, it was my cousins, Josh and Jonathan.

"What's cooking, Uce?" Asked Jonathan.

"I'm tired."

"Damn, Uce is out here with his hair looking all nappy and shit. You're also looking like a train-wreck today. You good?"

"You got jokes there, Josh?" I asked with a grumpy tone. "And besides, I just woke up."

"I'm just fucking with you, Uce! However, we do have to ask you something serious."

I rubbed my eyes once more and looked over at my cousins with confusion, "And that is?"

"About this Chloe chick. When can we finally meet her? We heard she's your new girlfriend and how everything ended between you and Galina, Uce." Jonathan said, "Does she treat our 'cuz good?"

"Yeah, she does actually. She's a lot better than Galina in every way."

"Damn, you must really love that girl, huh? We gotta meet her whenever you see her next time!"

Dammit! I just wanted to surprise her without my cousins being in the way. Although I loved them and they're my blood, I'd rather wait another time for them to meet her.

"Listen guys. Thing is, I wanted to see her later today and I had something to surprise her with the moment I arrived. Don't get this the wrong way, Uce, but I wanted it to be just the two of us." I say.

"We respect the hustle, Uce. Bring her around the company sometime and we'll meet her then, alright?" Josh smiled.

"Sure thing, guys."

After my cousins left my rental bus, I stepped out and prepared myself some breakfast and went out of my way to buy a huge bouquet of roses for Chloe.

Three hours later passed and I was already making my way over to Chloe's house without her knowing.

Chloe
I was sitting around at home on my day off and was still deep into my thoughts about that uneasy feeling that I had last night.

Was Joe cheating on me? Did something happen to him?

I haven't heard from him all day and I was beginning to worry myself constantly.

Then I suddenly heard knocking on the door and went to answer it. When I seen Joe, it felt like all of my worries were put behind me. He was the only person who could always take away my anxiety.

"Hey baby. I just wanted to surprise you with a small visit. Also, I picked you up these bouquet of roses; I hope you like them."

"Like them? No, I love them!" I smiled.

Joe flashed a smile back and brought me closer into his embrace, "I missed you, baby."

"I missed you too. How come you didn't call me this morning or said you're coming over?"

"I wanted to surprise you baby."

"I understand."

Out of nowhere, I looked over at Joe who continued to warmly smile at me and I started overthinking once more.

When he realized that I remained silent, his smile began to fade.

"Baby, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good."