36.

While sitting in the car with Colby, Rebecca, and Emma, I was silent while the others began to converse with one another. I've been wondering for awhile about how Joshua and Galina met and how did they hire that hitman; better yet, why wasn't I informed about them escaping prison?

My head rose up and I looked over at Colby from the driver's window while sitting in the back seat in frustration from being deep into my thoughts.

"Stop the car, Colby." I sternly said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why? What's up, man?"

"It slipped my mind before, but I never asked both police departments about why they never called us about Galina and Joshua escaping prison. More importantly, the Pensacola Police Department. Isn't that their jobs to inform others about a prison escape for the safety of their well-being?"

"Now that you mention it, that is fucked up that they never called you or Chloe about the issue."

I huffed, "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this and I'm not going to stop until Chloe gets the justice she deserves."

Galina
It's been weeks ever since we first hired Dante to take out Joe and Chloe. Confused, I turned over on the couch and looked over at a frustrated Joshua who was violently running his fingers through his hair.

"I cannot believe that bastard took our money and ran with it." I said.

"Believe me, I want to tear him into shreds after scamming us like that!"

"Me too. And besides, he should've called us with an update if he did do the job. Are you sure that he was a professional hitman?"

"Do I look stupid to you, Galina? I looked everywhere for the perfect hitman and suddenly he just vanishes into thin air like he doesn't cease to exist! This is bullshit!"

"Now calm down, Josh."

"No, I won't calm down!" He huffed, "Dante literally scammed us of three-thousand dollars and we have no idea whether or not our ex's are dead. All I know is that we gave him the cash and then he suddenly disappeared without a trace and won't even pick up the damn phone!"

"I know, but what are we to do?"

"I'm about to call that little business that Dante worked at and I'm going to give them hell. I refuse to be scammed out of three-grand."

"Sure, you do that. I'm just going to relax on the couch."

Joshua
I had a feeling that I was scammed out of my money when it came to Dante. Supposedly, he was known as a professional hitman and at our request, he was supposed to contact us after he killed those two clowns. Enraged, I remembered the number to the company that Dante was working at and I didn't hesitate but to call their number.

"How may we help you?"

"Where is Dante? I want to speak to him now!"

"Now sir, who are you talking about?"

I could tell these clowns were playing it off like they assumed I was a cop, but they were mistaken and the only way to make them come out of their shell was to mention that I hired Dante so they'd tell me where he was.

"The hitman I just hired not too long ago! I paid him three-grand in cash and he was supposed to take out two people at my request. He hasn't called nor messaged me with an update in a matter of weeks!"

"Okay, let's calm down. Look, I'm the leader of this whole operation and we haven't heard from Dante either. So we're in the same exact boat as you."

"You don't assume that something happened to him, right?" I laughed hysterically.

"We don't know. Usually he comes into the business and discusses his targets but we haven't heard a single thing out of him in weeks. All we know is that he was supposed to take out a Joe Anoa'i and Chloe Levine. Did you hire him to take those two out?"

"Yes."

"Well, we don't know what's going on with Dante but we'll send out some people to scavenge his whereabouts."

"Whatever. He better be alive and they better be dead."

After hanging up, I tossed my phone across the room and watched Galina's facial expression change from calm to anxious.

"Watch where you're throwing that phone! You could've hit me!"

"Then you should move the fuck out of my way, Galina."

"You know, you could be more nicer to me. I agreed to find someone to kill our ex's and you weren't in on this scheme all alone; cut me some slack, Joshua!"

I annoyingly rolled my eyes at her comment and sat on the couch with frustration written all over my face. I wasn't happy to know that Dante suspiciously disappeared and not knowing if Joe or Chloe was currently dead.

Joe
It took me awhile to remember that both police departments never informed me about the prison escapes between Galina and Joshua. I wasn't ready to give up just yet and I refused to allow people to bullshit me for the last time.

When we made it back to the Pensacola Police Department, I stormed in and had to keep my composure and fake a smile.

"I was just here not too long ago, but I forgot to mention something from earlier."

"And what's that, sir?"

"Why wasn't I informed about the prison escape with Galina?"

"I mean, I don't see it as your business anymore; considering the fact you had her arrested and although we're still on the search for her, we're also looking for a Joshua at the same time. Someone said that they were caught seen together on the outskirts of Pensacola. But nobody knows where they ran off to."

"You're not really helping me at all with this case, huh?" My voice deepened, "Yes, I had Galina arrested for attempting to frame me and make false claims about me in order to ruin my professional career. But that doesn't excuse the fact that you, the prison security guards and whatnot, didn't have the decency to contact me and inform me that my ex-wife escaped from prison."

"Like I've said before, Mr. Anoa'i, this isn't really our fault and we're doing all that we can to find her and this Joshua person. They're still inmates here, but they're hard to locate and nobody had found their whereabouts as of late."

I scoffed, "Whatever, man. I need you to get off your ass and find her because if I see her roaming around the streets of Pensacola," I said, locking my eyes with one of the officers, "I'm calling the Police Department and if I see Josh, too, both of their asses are going to prison and they better stay locked up."

The officer looked into my eyes that were full of fear after the way I talked to him. I never allowed someone who assumed that they were higher authority to treat me in a manner that I didn't respect. I've struggled with almost losing Chloe not too long ago and I'm not going to stop until those two scumbags are thrown back in prison where they belong.

As for Joshua, I'll take his ass out myself without hesitation.