49.

Joe
Deep down, I felt like Chloe was hiding something from me. I could tell when she was acting out of the ordinary and I grew more worried over the past few hours. I'd sit on the couch, staring at her from afar as she laughed and smiled with Emma, Rebecca, and Renee at the kitchen.

"Hey man, is something on your mind?" Colby asked, breaking me out of my trance.

"Somewhat."

"It's about Chloe, isn't it?" Jon asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. I have a feeling that she's hiding something from me."

"I don't think so, man. Chloe's probably still going through it since that tragedy."

"What tragedy? Am I missing something here?" Jon asked.

"Probably." I paused, "And Jon, what we're talking about is how Galina and Chloe's ex-boyfriend somehow found each other and plotted to kill the both of us because they hired a hitman, but he couldn't get the job done."

"What the fuck?" Jon said.

"The hitman ended up shooting Chloe in the chest because she took a bullet for me when he was coming after me first and foremost. She was in the hospital for awhile, but it took her ages to recover because of him. Because of him, I killed him without another thought. Unfortunately, Chloe's home was condemned by the police, so I bought this house."

"That's fucking insane, man. I'm glad that you both are okay, and I never expected Galina to go into full psycho-mode like that."

"Me either."

Hours passed and it was time for everyone to head home for the night. While we all said our goodbyes for awhile, it was just Chloe and I all alone inside of the house.

"Chloe, can we talk?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure."

She picked up Zeus and sat him down on her lap. His paw was also beginning to heal much faster and he taken a liking to Chloe for some reason. I knew Zeus loved us both, but he kept snuggling closer to her for the past couple of days.

I sighed, sitting next to her as the seat cushion began to sink, "I know you said that you were alright, but I cannot help but to think you're lying to me about something. Are you hiding anything?"

She shied away, "I'm just still somewhat shaken up from everything, Joe."

"I see."

"Anyways, it's getting really late and I wanted to get some sleep for the night."

"Sounds good with me."

We crawled into the bed with Zeus and fell asleep for the night. It was currently two in the morning since we spent the entire night with our friends, and my small reunion with Jon.

I still couldn't help but to think I did something wrong to Chloe. She's never acted this way towards me before and it was worrisome. What was she hiding from me?

Chloe
While Joe and I fell asleep, I woke up two hours later to make sure he was fully asleep in the bed and made my way to the bathroom, quietly taking out one of the pregnancy tests.

As disgusting as it was, I peed on the stick and paced around the bathroom in silence while I waited for the results.

Then the results were in a few minutes later...