40.

Chloe
It's been awhile since I last spoke to Colby. I'm assuming that Rebecca and Emma went to follow Joe into the cafeteria to grab something to eat. Knowing Colby, he wasn't much into the food they served at the hospital.

After half an hour passed, Joe, Emma and Rebecca made their way into the room while I was sitting up inside my hospital bed and conversing with Colby.

"Hey, babe."

"Hey! How was lunch?"

"It was good. I have a surprise for you."

"What's that?"

I watched as a warm smile began to form on his face, "I've found a place for us, but I wanna surprise you so until then, you're staying with Emma."

"I wouldn't mind that!"

"We're gonna have so much fun, Chloe! Well, when we're not working, that is."

"I'll probably attempt to head back to work in a few days."

"That's only if you're healing fast. We all know you're working in retail and we don't want you to feel pressured into your workplace.

"I wouldn't feel pressured, guys."

"And I called your workplace while Joe, Rebecca and I were having lunch and they said that you're allowed to come back anytime unless you're doing better. I told the boss that you were in the hospital because somebody caused bodily harm to you; and I never mentioned the hitman ordeal because that would've raised more questions. But they understand and they cannot wait to see you again."

"I appreciate this, Emma. Thank you." I replied.

"And while I'm checking out the house, you'll be with Emma for awhile and I may not see you for the next couple of days. But Colby and Rebecca will tag along with me until then due to work."

"That works, Joe."

"Alright, lets get me out of here! I cannot wait to breathe in fresh air again."

As I was discharged from the hospital, I went with everyone back to Emma's house and got settled in. Because all of my old pillows and blankets were still at my home, Emma went out of her way to bring some extra bedding and clothes for me.

"Here's some cream-colored satin bedding for you, girl. I know you love to feel comfortable and make yourself at home!"

 I know you love to feel comfortable and make yourself at home!"

"Thanks Emma. You're the best!"

"Also, if you're down for a little shopping spree, we can definitely head out later to find some cute things for you!"

"I'd love to. I could use a new outfit or two."

I looked over at Joe, who was standing over at the door with a smile on his face, and reeled him into a hug.

"I'll miss you."

"Hey, I promise you'll love what I picked out for us and although I have to work an episode, I'll be picking you up right after, baby."