81.

Joe
I loved spending all the time in the world with Chloe. I understood that marriage was full of obstacles and trials all throughout this life, but we were more than determined to make our way out of everything that life had to throw at us.

We remained seated while we watched the waves of the ocean colliding with the sand in silence with my arms wrapped around her from behind. My chin was rested on the crown of her head and we took in the moment in pure bliss.

"Joe?" Chloe said, breaking the silence.

"What's up, babe?"

"Isn't it hard to believe that we went from strangers at a wrestling show to becoming married? We've been through so much and I feel like things are going to get better from here between us."

"I seen it coming from the moment I first laid my eyes on you at the show." I chuckled, "Better yet, I wanted you from the start. I've never felt so happy before with a woman, until you walked into my life."

"Aw, Joe. You're so sweet." She sniffled, "You make me the happiest woman alive. I've never received love like this before and it means the whole world to me."

"Well, you have it now baby. And I'm not going anywhere."

"Thank you, Joe."

Frazzled, I looked down at her, "Why are you thanking me?"

"Because you stayed with me through my darkest days, Joe. Even when I had that suicide attempt over the miscarriage, you still stayed with me. You took time out of the ring just to stay with me through it all. I've never had anyone treat me with love and respect before." She sniffled, "I used to think I was blind to love. I was terrified to love again after what happened in the past."

"Baby, I've told you this once and I'll tell you again. I'll always stay with you through our darkest moments; for better or for worse. I made those vows at our wedding and I'll never break them. Chloe, you've always been worthy of love. It just took the right man to show you that." I warmly smiled, "I understand that life is full of ups and downs, but I would do almost anything just to see a smile on your beautiful face."

"You're the best husband I could ever ask for, Joe."

"And you're the best wife I could ever ask for." I paused, "Honestly, I would take a bullet for you if it ever came down to it."

Chloe looked at me with such grace as she pulled me close into her embrace. I loved feeling at peace for the first time in my life with her at my side. Love is one of the hardest things you'll ever find in this world; knowing that I've found my forever partner has been quite the journey.

After an hour passed, we left the beach and made our way back to the house. We were both feeling exhausted and we were more than ready to make our way back to the house for the night.

It wasn't long until we arrived back to the house, I helped Chloe out from the car and escorted her inside. I understood that she was more than capable of taking care of herself, but what kind of a husband would I be if I didn't help my wife out during her pregnancy?

When we walked inside, she sat down on the couch and was greeted by Zeus with a smile forming on her face.

"What's got you smiling right now, babe?"

"I was thinking." She paused, "When should we plan to have everyone over to announce our pregnancy?"

I smiled, "Anytime you want, baby."

"Maybe tomorrow. I'd love to see everyone's facial expressions once I make the announcement!"

"Me too." I glanced around the house, "Want me to clean everything up?"