80.

It was a peaceful night after everything that happened between Chloe and I. It was always rare for us to have arguments; let alone a mere disagreement. After Zoey's attempt to cause a friction between our marriage, I was mortified of the thought of Chloe filing for a divorce because of Zoey's actions back at the hotel to where my body started to tense up with anxiety.

After we started talking things through, Chloe and I spent the rest of the night discussing baby names and wondering what the gender of our child was going to be. Whether we had a son, daughter, or even twins, I was more than excited to just have a family with her.

Overnight, I propped myself up with my elbow on the bed and warmly smiled towards my beloved wife as she was asleep in our bed. I still felt horrible after everything that happened between us from earlier when it came to our fight and I wanted to make things up to her, but she knew that the incident wasn't my fault nor hers.

I slowly leaned down and pressed my lips against her cheek before laying next to her in the bed. I always wanted her to feel safe, to feel loved, to know that everything was going to be okay between us from now on.

Did I ever regret killing Joshua and Dante in the past? Nope. I enjoyed every second of it. Why? Because how could someone treat someone as sweet Chloe like that? Abusing her, traumatizing her, making her feel terrified to love again; and then hiring a hitman to kill the both of us? Those two deserved what was coming to them, and I was always going to protect her from harm.

However, when it came to Chloe carrying my child, I was even more overprotective and cautious about her well-being to where I always made sure that Emma was always nearby when I was on the road for her safety.

Before I fell asleep for the night, I laid down and brought her body gently against mine and laid my chin against the top of her head while we drifted off to sleep.

Chloe
After morning approached, I woke up and Joe wasn't laying beside me. I knew he was up to something; especially after the fight that we had. Joe was always the one to go out of his way to make me happy after an argument when he didn't need to.

I laid in the bed for five more minutes before getting the strength to get up and head towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash off my face before starting the day.

While I was finishing up with washing off my face, there was a sudden knock on the bathroom door. I opened the door to seeing Joe with his hair tied back into his messy ponytail and he flashed a smile at me.

"Look at my beautiful wife." He said, "I hope you don't mind, but I want you to come to the bedroom baby. I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?"

"Yeah, let me show you."

He escorted me to the bedroom and there was a box that was laying on the edge of our bed, then a purple plain-colored bag that had the opening closed. Curious, I walked up to it and Joe stood behind me with his smile still intact.

"Chloe, open the presents. You're gonna love them."

I opened the box first and seen one of the most beautiful handbags I've ever seen. A Gucci Ophidia handle bag. I was speechless.

"Joe, I don't know what to say."

"I do. I know you're not into designer stuff as much, but you deserve this and I wanted you to have something special from me. But that's not all, I have another present for you."

I lifted up the gift bag and brought it closer to me and upon opening it, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a beautiful silver sequent dress that looked to be expensive. I looked over at the dress with admiration and instantly fell in love with it.