44.

It was finally morning and I was still surprised that Chloe and I have finally purchased our brand new mansion together.

However, last night was incredible and I still had no idea that I was capable of that. I've never had those animalistic thoughts and actions with my ex-wife before; but with Chloe, she brought out a whole different side of me that I was beginning to adore.

I rolled over to the side of the bed and seen Chloe's skin beginning to glow with the sun's beam that went through the whitened curtains. She looked fucking beautiful and I couldn't believe that this woman was gonna be my wife someday.

I leaned over and pressed my lips against her cheek in attempt to wake her up from her sleep.

"Hey, good morning."

"H-Huh?" She replied, rolling over and her eyes began to flutter as she seen me looking at her with a smile.

"I take it that you slept well, huh?"

"Definitely." She yawned, "Did you enjoy last night?"

I chuckled, "How could I not? You brought out a whole different side of me that I never knew I had."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I never thought I was capable of being like that, but you brought out a whole difference side of me, Chloe. And also, I have to run an errand or two for awhile, but will you invite Emma over to the house until I'm back?"

"I'm glad I could bring that side out in you. But why do you want me to invite Emma over?"

"Well, I was gonna visit the hardware store and pick up some security cameras and a doorbell camera just to keep our home safe and secure."

"I understand. We don't need anymore issues reoccurring." She smiled, "And I'll call Emma. I know you don't want me here all alone."

"Exactly. I just want to keep you safe because I know those two are still creeping around and I don't want them to harm you." My eyebrows began to slightly furrow and my voice began to deepen, "Otherwise I'd have to kill them with my bare hands."

"I understand and I'll go ahead and message her to come over and give her the address."

My angered facial expression began to fade and I smiled, "Great!"

While I was preparing to head out and get some security cameras for the house, Chloe called up Emma to stay for awhile just to make sure that nobody could hurt her.

Before I headed out, I dressed in my casual all-black clothing and looked back at her with a smile on my face.

"I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Alright and Emma said that she'll be over in five minutes."

"That works. See you soon, babe."

"See you later, Joe!"

After saying my goodbyes with Chloe, I drove over to a few stores to get some security cameras and hopefully she would be safe from there.

Chloe
While I watched Joe leaving the house, he looked amazing with his freshly trimmed beard, his all-black clothing and the deepened voice that he had. How was he so perfect?

After awhile of pampering myself, I heard a knock on my door and began to message Emma to confirm that it was her before opening the door.

"Is that you knocking on my door?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm here, Chloe!"

"Okay. I'm coming downstairs and I'll unlock the front door."

I walked down the stairs and opened the door to seeing Emma's face brighten up like a Christmas tree from the moment she looked around at the foyer.

"This house is so fucking beautiful, Chloe!"

"You think so?"

"Girl. I know Joe was buying a house for the both of you, but this? This is the most beautiful home I've ever seen! You're so lucky to have a man like Joe. I hope I'll be able to find a man like him someday because there's not a lot of good men in this world anymore."

"I'm sure that you will someday."

We sat down on the couch in the living room and turned on the television while we both had a small cup of coffee.

"How's things going with you and Joe?"

"Everything's going well. I love that we're finally living together and everything feels like a fairytale."

"You deserve to be happy, Chloe. I'm so thankful to see you thriving in life like you should've been a long time ago." She replied, "You're landing your dream job in modeling at Victoria's Secret, you have an amazing boyfriend who loves you, you have the home that most women wished that they could have and you're happier than you've ever been."

"Exactly! But you're also welcome to stay here when you need to, girl. Joe and I would be thrilled to have you stay with us for awhile."

"Aww, I appreciate you so much." She reeled me into a hug, "Thank you for everything and I cannot wait to see you in Victoria's Secret someday."

"I'll always appreciate my best friend; yet you've always been more than that, you're like my sister and I hope that never changes."

"That'll never change! Also, how come Joe's not around?"

"He's out getting some security cameras and doing everything in his power to keep me and the entire house in safe hands. He wanted you to come over and keep me company until he came back home. He's worried that Galina or Josh will find out about our new home and attempt to cause bigger issues than before."

"Ah, totally understand." She replies, taking a small sip of her Starbucks coffee, "Joe's an amazing man and I really hope that he becomes your husband. I can see you two getting married and having a lot of babies together."

"Babies? Girl, I only want one."

"I know, but you never know what the future could bring to the table. You and Joe were definitely meant for each other and I really hope that his ex-wife and Josh can be sentenced to death or something. I don't want my best friend to get hurt like that again."

"Hopefully they'll do something to those two bastards. One can only hope!" I chuckled, "But I haven't really discussed having babies with Joe that much. Hell, we haven't even discussed becoming a public couple yet because we still have Galina and Josh lurking around to cause trouble."

"Dammit. I'm fed up with those two and I just want you two to be happy for once!" Emma sighed, "Until we can get them away for good, it's best to remain private because they would kill to ruin what you two have going on."

"Unfortunately, you're right."

"But enough with the negative vibes, let's enjoy ourselves for awhile. We can watch a movie, order a pizza; anything you'd want!" Emma said. "Maybe we can watch a movie and get some DoorDash?"

"Perhaps some Chinese food?" I implied.

"I'm down for that. One-hundred percent!"

"Then it's settled!"

We ordered some Chinese food and binge watched some shows on Netflix. I was thankful for Emma being in my life. She's been my best friend ever since we were only little kids and we're practically sisters.

Until Joe was able to return home with everything, I spent the day with Emma and felt relaxed to have a girls day together for awhile.