74.

The following morning, we were sleeping peacefully in our California King until our alarms went off in unison.

"Shit, that scared me." I groaned as I rolled over on the bed and scratched the side of my beard while turning off the alarm, "Anyways, good morning, baby."

Chloe opened her eyes moments later and groaned in annoyance at the sound of the alarm blaring out loud, "Good morning."

She was almost close to chucking her phone across the room and I turned off the alarm for her.

"I take it that you slept pretty well?" I asked with a smile, "Especially after the fun we had last night."

" I loved it, Joe." She yawns, "What are we gonna do today?"

"Hm."

I grabbed the small brochure off the nightstand and scanned around on the fun activities section that was available while we were here; and then an idea struck my mind.

"How about we head off to breakfast in a few, and then go jet skiing later in the evening?"

"I would love that."

We sat up from the bed and took our showers, found a new pair of clothes to wear for the day and made our way towards the In-Bungalow Dining, where the breakfast was being held at the moment.

"Is there anything you'd wanna eat, babe?" I asked.

She scanned around the menu and was indecisive on what to eat, "I see a choice for American food or Polynesian food."

I glanced at the menu and a smile began to spread across my face, "I forgot that Bora Bora was a Polynesian island, and considering the fact I'm also Polynesian, I might decide to try out their menu because I love my culture's delicacies."

"Wait, you're Polynesian?" She asks. "Oh right, I forgot that Samoans are also Polynesian."

I chuckled, "It's alright baby. I'll have to tell you more about Samoan culture during the trip sometime."

I started looking back at the menu with a smile as a waitress approached us with a notepad and a pen.

"Good morning, welcome to In-Bungalow Dining, how may I take your order?"

"I'll take some Ipo Bread, a fruit salad, and a glass of orange juice please." I say.

"I'll take the usual American breakfast with some eggs, some of your Tahitian Coconut Bread on the other menu, your fruit salad, and a glass of orange juice." Chloe added.

"Thank you for your order. We will be with you momentarily."

We sat down at a private table and I looked at her with a smile, "Are you enjoying our honeymoon trip?"

"I'm enjoying it so much, Joe." She says, "I haven't felt this happy in a long time."

"And when I told you that everything was going to get better from here, I meant every word of that. I booked this honeymoon trip a week before our wedding because it's one of your dream trips that you've always told me about in the past, and there's also a ton of activities to do while we're here, too."

"You're so sweet. I never thought I'd get this lucky to have a husband who cares about me."

"I'll always love and care for you, Chloe. Nobody could ever change my outlook on you."

The waitress brought us our breakfast and we started to eat for the next hour and a half.

A couple of hours later, we went out to a jet ski resort and had the time of our lives. Chloe hasn't ever experienced this before and I was determined to make her enjoy every moment.

Our entire honeymoon here in Bora Bora was exciting. We experienced new things together so far and I never wanted this vacation to end.

Being officially married was an amazing feeling; something that brings you happiness and joy when there's a world full of hatred. I've never felt this way towards a woman until Chloe stepped into my life. I was head over heels for her from the moment she caught my eye that night.

She was the happiest she's ever been in a long time. After everything we've been through from Joshua and Galina, to our child passing away due to a miscarriage, it was a lot of stress for the both of us to endure. We went through a trial of obstacles in the course of our relationship, but seeing her happy was the most important thing of all.

After a long day of partaking in the fun activities in Bora Bora, we decided to end the night at one of the most romantic spots on the resort. We looked at the moon and the stars with my arms wrapped around her waist from behind, taking in this moment with her.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"I love the scenery so much, Joe." She warmly smiled, "Thank you for going out of your way for our honeymoon vacation."

"You're welcome, babe. You deserve nothing but the best in life. When I told you back at the hospital that I wanted to make your dreams come true, I meant every single word of that." I paused and looked around at the sky, "You know - Your parents, our baby, my brother, they're all up there and they're extremely proud of us for coming so far."

She looked back at me with confusion, "Brother? Wait, you have a brother, Joe?"

I nodded, "I did. I haven't opened up about him when I should have a long time ago, but his name was Rosey; and he was the best brother I could ever ask for. He was always there for me when I needed him and he would've loved you. All he wanted was to see me happy with the woman of my dreams and..."

I paused and started to choke up on my words. I was starting to miss my brother. I looked up at the beautiful night sky and felt myself beginning to well-up in tears.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry baby. I shouldn't be crying like this at our honeymoon."

Chloe wiped a tear from my eye and pulled me close to her, "Joe, don't ever apologize for crying over your brother. I'm sure Rosey was an amazing brother and I wish I could've met him, too. He's always with you."

I looked into her eyes and brought her close into my embrace, "You're amazing, baby. I really picked the perfect woman to marry and I'm glad that it was you."

Although the feeling of my brother's passing caused a small wave of grief to overcome me, Chloe's embrace helped me feel better. She was truly the best wife I could ever ask for, and I know that my brother would've been so happy to see his little brother the happiest he's ever been in life.

We spent the next couple of hours taking in the moment of stargazing and talking about life with one another before trailing back to our room to get some rest for the night. We had so much planned out for the next couple of weeks and I couldn't be anymore excited to experience things with Chloe.