66.

Reminiscing on that very night brought me nothing but happiness. Who ever knew that I was going to meet my future wife that night?

After that small moment of reminiscing, I looked down and noticed that Chloe fell asleep in my arms and I started to smile. I laid her down on my chest and we fell asleep for the night and held her close in my embrace.

When it was morning, I started to rub my eyes as the sun's beam went through the curtains and shined in my face.

I groaned, "Fuck, is it morning already?"

"H-Huh?" Said Chloe, as she began rubbing her eyes with her fingertips.

"Good morning baby."

"Good morning."

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

"I slept pretty good."

"That's good." I paused, "Also, I wanted us to visit a counselor later today."

"I wouldn't mind, Joe. We definitely need one right now."

After many hours of the day passed, we started getting ready to attend our first ever therapy session with Dr. Greene.

As we made our way into Toronto Therapy Center, we checked ourselves in and waited for our names to be called by the receptionist.

"Mr. Anoa'i and Ms. Levine?"

We both stood up and escorted ourselves into the room. We took a seat and we were waiting for Dr. Greene to make their way inside the room.

"Are you ready, baby?" I asked.

"Somewhat."

After a few minutes passed, Dr. Greene finally arrived and he looked over at Chloe and I with a sincere smile before taking a seat.

"Hello, Mr. Anoa'i and Ms. Levine. My name is Dr. Greene and I'm here to be your therapist for the evening; or for as long as you need me." He shook our hands, "What brings you two in here today?"

"We're...We..." Chloe said, struggling.

"It's okay baby, I'll tell him."

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "Chloe and I recently endured a miscarriage and the loss has been devastating and incredibly hard for the both of us."

"I'm so sorry for your loss, you two. And when it comes to our therapy session, don't hesitate to tell me everything. Anything that is said in this very room is confidential and will not be shared to anyone else."

"We appreciate it, Dr. Greene."

"Is the miscarriage the only thing that we're here for?"

I shook my head and glanced over at Chloe with a concerned facial expression, "Not exactly."

We paused for a moment and I looked over at Chloe and whispered, "You wanna tell him?"

She nods, "Yeah."

Chloe
While Joe and I were sitting around the therapist, I struggled to find the words about my miscarriage until Joe told him for me. However, talking about my suicide attempt is something that I was uneasy to talk about; but if we were going to move on from the situation, I needed to get everything off my chest.

I cleared my throat, "Ever since the miscarriage, I've had thoughts of suicide and I also survived a suicide attempt as I overdosed on painkillers. If it wasn't for my fiancé, I'd probably be dead right now." I choked up, "I've been taking this miscarriage extremely hard and this was the first ever pregnancy I've ever experienced, and we were nearing close to being able to visit the OG-BYN and seeing our baby on the ultrasound for the first time."