45.

Joe
I finally made my way over to a few hardware places and found some security cameras on sale. I was fortunate enough that I didn't have to pay full price for everything on the shelves like the usual.

I walked over to the cashier and slid my items over to him to scan the total of everything. He looked to be about his mid-forties and his brown hair was somewhat long and cascaded down his shoulders with a hint of grey on his scalp.

"That'll be one-hundred-seventy-five-dollars-and-forty-five-cents."

I pulled out my wallet and handed him my credit card, "Do you guys happen to take credit? You can put it on my card."

"Sure thing!"

The cashier took my card and scanned it. Thankfully, I was able to purchase everything through my card and I was more than ready to install these all around the house.

After a few hours of running more errands, I returned back home to seeing Emma and Chloe sitting on the living room couch through the window laughing at something on the TV.

Seeing Chloe with a smile on her face brought me immense joy. The way she flashed her beautiful smile made me feel like the luckiest man alive. However, I opened the door and she immediately jumped off from the couch and swung her arms around my body as I dropped the bags gently onto the ground.

"Joe! I missed you!"

"I missed you too, baby." I replied, "I got the security cameras and other security measures. This should take care of all of our issues."

"I hope so."

Then Emma walked over towards us.

"Hey Joe. No time, no see."

"What's up, Emma?"

"How's everything going? It's been a minute."

"It really has. I was just out and about getting some things for the house."

"Chloe told me earlier that you went out to get the security stuff and that you wanted me to come over so she wasn't alone, right?"

"Yeah." I nodded, "We don't know if our ex's are still lurking around and I didn't want anything to happen to her."

"Very understandable, Joe."

I smiled and walked over towards Chloe with her favorite food from Tim Horton's.

She gasped, "Joe! Thank you so much!"

"No problem baby. I know how obsessed you are with Tim Horton's and I wanted to get you something nice to eat. There's plenty inside of the bag for you and Emma."

"Girl, you have such a keeper!" Emma said.

"I know I do and I'm so blessed that he's in my life. I don't know what I'd do without him!"

I blushed at Chloe's comment and flashed a smile, "Come on, you guys!"

"Alright, alright!" Chloe replied as she opened the bag of Tim Horton's and I watched as her and Emma ate everything.

After a few minutes passed, they both looked back at me with a smile, "Thanks, Joe!"

"You're welcome. Because Emma's our guest, I wanted her to have something to eat as well."

"That's very thoughtful of you." Emma smiled.

While Emma was staying for awhile, we all insisted on watching a movie together in the living room and after a few hours came and went, she headed back home due to working the next morning and then it was just Chloe and I all alone.