26.

Galina
My court date finally came and went. I found out that I was going away for ten years with the way I tried to expose Joe and damage his career and relationship. However, I was struggling inside of the prison. I was in deep thought about how I was going to escape this place. When and for how long? I didn't know.

Suddenly, I heard tapping on the bars in front of my cell. Then I seen a man standing at the cell with his hands around the steel bars.

"Hey, are you looking to get out?" He asked.

I scoffed, "Duh, why wouldn't I be?"

"Look, there's this little thing I found that you can use to pick out the lock and you'd be free. I'm planning on doing the same here and I managed to have two."

"What is your name?"

"It's Joshua."

"Nice to meet you, Joshua. I'm Galina. Listen, I appreciate you trying to get the both of us bailed out of here." I smiled, "Before we attempt to break out, what happened with you?"

"Long story. My ex-girlfriend left me a few years ago and I went to visit her. Long story short, she pepper-sprayed me in the eyes and called the police, so here I am."

"I'm sorry that you went through that."

"It's okay." He huffed, "What about you?"

"I tried to expose my husband; well, ex-husband after our divorce and things didn't end well on my behalf."

"Ouch. What did he do, exactly?"

"He immediately hopped into a new relationship with this girl after our divorce like our marriage meant absolutely nothing to him."

"Do you have any information on this so-called girlfriend of his?"

"Actually, I do."

"What's her name?"

"Her name's Chloe Levine."

Suddenly, his eyes began to widen and he looked over at me with that look in his eyes that looked awfully creepy. 

"That's actually the name of my ex-girlfriend who got me sent here. Listen, I was sent to this prison instead of the Toronto one because the one in Canada was full. It looks like it was fate that we met."

I laughed, "Quite the coincidence."

Joshua and I continued to talk to each other until the cops clocked out and the security guards were fast asleep in their office chairs for the night.

"Hey Joshua?"

"Yeah?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Can you hand me that object? I wanna get us out of here."

"Sure thing, Gorgeous."

Joshua tossed me the smallish key through the bars and I managed to unlock my cell for the meantime. And I went and unlocked his cell in the process.

"Joshua, we're finally free!"

"Wanna get revenge on your ex-husband and my ex-girlfriend?" He asked.

"Of course!" I replied with a devilish smile.

After breaking out from our cells, we quietly slipped past the security guards and knocked down the cameras in the process. This whole escape plan was damn near perfect and it wasn't long until Joe and Chloe reach their downfall.

Joe
After everything that happened between us tonight at the arena, we made our small, shortened trip to my private bus.

"How come you're staying inside of a private bus, Joe?" Chloe asked.