95.

Joe
It was a long, restless night and everything started to feel empty. I should've been home with my wife and our daughter tonight instead of laying inside of a hospital bed with an IV sedative inside of my arm.

I tilted my head to the side and looked out at the window to seeing a beautiful nightly view. Chloe always admired looking up at the stars that were shining in the sky, along with the breathtaking view of the moon. All I could ever think about was Chloe more importantly. She was everything to me and although I knew she was coming back to see me later today, I couldn't help but to feel lonely and I hated feeling like this.

I also worried about Dante having more henchmen and that they would've traveled all the way to our home and killed my family after hearing one of the henchmen saying that before I was sent into the hospital. I spent the rest of the night overthinking and I couldn't stop trembling at the thought of that happening.

I felt absolutely helpless while I laid back in the bed and gazed up at the ceiling with my hands intertwining against my chest. Loneliness was an understatement. However, I started to close my eyes and fell asleep for the night.

"Daddy! Daddy! I wanted to show you something!"

"Let's see it, sweetheart." I say, crouching down to my daughters size as she handed me a drawing of Chloe, her, and I all three together and even drew Zeus.

"This is beautiful, Alani." I warmly smiled, "Is that me, mommy, and Zeus with you?"

"Yes! We're a happy little family." She cheered. "I called it 'My Happy Family'."

"Yes, we are! And I'll tell you this, sweetheart; how about I take all of us out to Disneyland once I come back home from the ring? What do you say?" I flashed a smile.

"I'd love that, Daddy! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Don't thank me, Alani. I'm just more blessed to be your father and you're my little Princess." I smiled.

Alani then jumped into my arms and I pulled her close to me.

Suddenly, I woke up from my dream and realized that it wasn't a reality...yet. I was awoken to hearing the nurse calling out for me and my eyes started to slowly flutter open. The same nurse brought me a tray that contained some breakfast and another glass of orange juice to the side.

"Good morning, Joe. How are we feeling this morning?"

"I'm doing amazing." I smiled, "I just woke up from an amazing dream."

"Oh? What did you dream about?"

"My wife and daughter. I'm missing them a lot right now."

"Aw, that's so sweet."

"I know. I'm just excited to see my little girl grow up in the future because I know she's going to do amazing things once she's old enough."

"I can imagine." She says, "I brought you some breakfast and we heard from your wife, Chloe. She's coming to see you and she's also bringing your daughter, too."

"I appreciate you telling me." I flashed a smile.

"Of course! I have to get going to the other patients; but you take care, Joe." She smiled, "Also, we're gonna have another excercise like last night to make sure your body isn't used to laying in the bed after everything that's happened."

"That's completely fine with me, ma'am."

I watched as the nurse walked away and I pulled out my phone to receiving a text from Colby to call him. Without hesitation, I dialed his number and he answered within seconds.