62.

A few days later

I was discharged from the hospital. I was still numb after hearing the news that Joe and I lost our baby because of our ex's. Constantly hearing Joe's voice in my head as he told me that our baby didn't make it ran through my mind rampantly.

When it was time to head back home to our home in Toronto, I didn't say a word and I wasn't feeling like myself. For once, I was excited to experience the lovely feeling of motherhood; and that was completely stripped away from me. But why?

Suddenly, I felt a hand pressed against my leg and Joe was looking towards me in defeat.

"Honey." Joe said as his voice deepened, "You haven't spoken to me in hours."

"I...I just don't know what to say."

"I know, baby. I understand."

"I just can't believe I miscarried our baby."

"It's not your fault, baby." He sighs, "I blame those two bastards for this. I already killed Joshua and he'll never come around you anymore. As for Galina, the police told me that she'll be sentenced to life behind bars and with no bail because of what she did to you."

"That's the only good news to come out of this."

"I know."

The entire ride from there was nothing but silent. We were both heartbroken from everything that happened within the past few days and it was a traumatic experience nonetheless.

After arriving back to Toronto a few hours later, I still didn't speak as much. I stepped into the door and Zeus was more than excited to greet me with licking the side of my cheek in hopes of cheering me up.

"I'm not in the mood to play right now, Zeus." I said.

Zeus' head began to tilt in confusion.

"You're so cute when you tilt your head like that

"You're so cute when you tilt your head like that." I said, petting the top of his head.

After Zeus greeted me, he ran over to Joe the moment he stepped into the house and kicked off his shoes. Then he began to whine when he noticed something was wrong with me. He sat down in front of us and stared up at my stomach to realize that there wasn't a baby anymore and started whimpering.

"I know, boy. I know."

Although he was just a puppy and didn't understand, it was still a heartbreaking situation and my eyes began to well-up with tears after he was smelling around my stomach. Zeus was the first to find out that I was pregnant with the way he'd curl up around me and protect me at all costs. Seeing him full of sadness since losing the baby broke me as he brought himself closer to my lap and laid down.

Suddenly, Joe's phone began to ring and I heard him from across the living room talking to someone.

"I appreciate you for understanding, Hunter." He sighed, "This isn't easy on us and I'd like to keep this a personal matter and not have the public knowing about this. Just say that I'm currently out sick so nobody finds out."

"I'll do that, Joe." Hunter said, "Listen, I'm so sorry and when Colby told me the news, my heart dropped. You and Chloe can take all the time you need to get through this and I'll have your cousins take over for awhile along with Paul."

"Thank you again."

After Joe hung up, he noticed that I was slumped over on the couch in depression. My arm was hanging off the edge and I laid there, emotionless. I was completely numb to everything that has occurred over the course of a few days.

The following night

As it was time to sleep for the night, Joe was doing his best to be in high spirits, but to no avail. Before we crawled into the bed, Joe stopped me in my tracks and wrapped me in his embrace.

"Listen baby. I know this isn't easy on the both of us, but please know that we're gonna be okay. I love you and as much as this is killing me, we need to be strong."

All I could do was nod at his comforting words.

When we went to sleep for the night, I laid there with my eyes opened and stared at the white ceiling.

While Joe and Zeus were fast asleep, I was still deep into thought about everything that happened. We should've been visiting the OB-GYN for the first time; along with planning our baby shower. But none of that was going to happen.

I was in a completely dark place. I haven't felt this way ever since I had the strength to leave Josh and the abusive relationship at the time a few years ago.

Knowing that I suffered a miscarriage sent me into a deep depression. I lost sleep, I struggled to eat; let alone take care of myself.

I loved Joe so much and as much as I tried to remain strong for him, I felt like I couldn't be strong anymore.

I silently crawled out of the bed and Joe's eyes started to slightly open.

"Hey baby. Are you okay?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

"Yeah. I just need to use the bathroom and I'll come back to bed shortly."

"Okay..." He mumbled, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

While I slipped out from the bed, I went into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I felt disgusted with myself and it was eating me apart that we lost our baby.

I looked down and my stomach no longer had its baby bump. My body looked different to me as I started breaking down into tears, falling to my knees and sobbing uncontrollably.

Joe
Half an hour passed and I started to open my eyes briefly after a sudden realization that she wasn't in the bed with me. I was worried about Chloe. She hasn't come back to bed in awhile and I was beginning to panic. After the state of mind that she was currently in from the miscarriage, I jumped out from the bed and walked around our home in hopes of finding her.

"Where are you at, baby?"

When I finally found Chloe, I noticed that there was a bottle of painkillers lying on the floor and scattered everywhere; and Chloe was also laying next to the bottle of pills in her hand.

"Oh my god! Chloe..."

I knelt down and I started to shake uncontrollably while I called for help, shaking her around in hopes that she would open her eyes and talk to me.

"Baby

"Baby. Baby!"

I started panicking and feeling the tears beginning to well-up in my eyes for the first time in a few hours after seeing Chloe in this state of mind.

Meanwhile, the ambulance arrived and escorted Chloe back to the hospital after we just left from there earlier. I jumped into the ambulance with Chloe and I wouldn't dare to leave her side.

After we arrived, they rushed her in and they pumped her stomach that was full of painkillers. I've never seen Chloe act in such a manner before to where it was frightening.

"Stay with me, baby. I can't lose you, too."