35.

Rebecca and I managed to make our way into Chloe's hospital room and she was still out cold with a breathing mask around her mouth. I approached Joe, who was standing at the bedside with his head lowering in defeat.

"Hey man. We're here for you, alright?" I said, pressing my hand against Joe's shoulder in attempt to comfort him.

"Thanks, Colby." He replied, looking towards my wife, "And thank you too, Rebecca."

"It's no problem, Joe. We know how much you love her and we've never seen you love a woman so much. Not even Galina."

"Of course. Chloe's never treated me poorly or only loved me for my money. She treats me with the utmost respect and makes me the happiest man alive."

"And that's all that matters."

After a moment passed, Emma made her way into the room and had a tumbler of coffee in her hand; looking exhausted in the face.

"How is she, Joe?"

"I don't know. All I know is that she's out cold and it's uncertain about how long it'll take for her to wake up."

"I hope she's gonna pull through like the doctor said. I don't like seeing her like this, Joe..."

"I don't either." My voice deepened with sadness, "I love her so much and I've never felt this connection with a woman before."

Before I could look back at Joe, I could see the tears welling-up in his eyes and he was trying his hardest not to cry in front of us as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I need a minute, guys."

"Sure, man."

We all walked out for awhile and gave Joe some space for a moment with Chloe.

Joe
Everyone understood that I needed some space in order to speak with Chloe. I wondered to myself if she could hear me although she's out cold from the medicine they've given her.

"Chloe, I..." I sighed, "I love you so damn much and you're truly a fighter. I don't know why you saved me when you have a whole modeling career ahead of you. I hate seeing you like this. You almost died on me and to tell you the truth, I couldn't live without you. I wanna wife you up someday and start a family with you."

Although nobody was in sight, I knelt down to the ground and started breaking down into tears. Chloe was the only woman that I've ever truly loved and I was anxious about whether or not she was going to be alright.

After a few minutes had passed, I forced myself to stop crying and took a few deep breaths and would exhale slowly.

"I need some good news for once."

Emma
I walked into the dining area with Colby and Rebecca and took a seat with them at the tables while getting some food.

"Aren't you worried a little about Joe?" I asked.

"I am. I know he's a strong man but with his girl laying in a hospital bed, I know it's getting to him pretty hard." Colby replied.

I nodded, "Yeah. Not to mention that divorce Joe went through lately."

"It's horrible, man. He was going through an abusive relationship with Galina in the past and because he wanted to divorce her, she was pissed off from what Joe told me awhile back."

"And suddenly a hitman tried to..." We all said at the same time and paused.

"Wait. You don't think she's behind this, do you?" I asked.

"I have a feeling she was. Why else would she have both of them targeted? TMZ must've somehow caught a photo of them and she somehow found out since she's behind bars?" Said Rebecca.