42.

Colby
I haven't heard from Chloe in days and speaking of her, she was ringing my phone and upon answering it, she looked like a wreck.

"What's wrong?"

"Have you heard from Joe?"

"Not in a few days, why? Has he called you?"

"No, he hasn't." She sobbed, "I'm so worried about him and you're his best friend so I called you. He hasn't talked to me in days and I'm worried that something bad happened to him."

"Man, I don't know what's going on with him. I think I know where he bought the house so I'll see if he's there and if he is, I'll have a word with Big Man himself."

"Thank you so much, Colby."

"Hey, you're welcome, Kiddo."

After hanging up the phone, I immediately made my way over to Joe and Chloe's newly bought home because it was sketchy that he wasn't talking to Chloe. Although I was in Philadelphia, I didn't mind to take the trip back to Toronto to see what was going on. Instead of calling Joe, I paid him a little visit instead.

Joe
I feel horrible that I haven't been able to contact Chloe for awhile. I've been so focused on getting our home furnished and of course, I had an idea that I wanted to do for her comes WrestleMania.

Suddenly, a black BMW pulled into my driveway and it wasn't Chloe's, but Colby's. He stepped out of the car and came over to the new house, looking over at me with a warm smile on his face.

"What's going on, brother? I knew you'd be here for some reason."

"Nothing much, man." I replied.

"The reason I came out here was to see if you were still here at the house and thankfully you are because Chloe's been worried sick about you. She was on the brink of tears when she called me, man."

"What? Is she okay?"

"Yeah, but she's missing you, Joe. I'd call her if I were you."

"I will sometime today when I finally get the bedroom fully furnished. However, I wanted to do something special for Chloe." I sighed, "Man, I feel shitty for not contacting her for awhile but I promise that it's worth it. Not only am I getting this place furnished, but I also wanted to spend the rest of my life with her."

"Wait! You're gonna..."

I nodded.

"Joe, my man!" Colby cackled while patting my back.

"Thanks, Colby." I paused, "And can you keep this a secret between you and I?"

"Of course!"

"Also, all I need you to do is bring her to the house tomorrow and make sure she calls out of work because I wanna surprise her with the house. The other will be at WrestleMania after my match with Brock Lesnar."

"Gotcha, buddy."

Colby
A few hours later, I left the house and pulled out my phone to call Chloe before I headed over to her house to spend the night with her and Emma.

"Did you ever hear from Joe?" Chloe asked.

"It took me going over to the house that he bought for you guys in order to talk to him, but he wants me to come and pick you up tomorrow evening to the new house."

"Why can't he do it?"

"I'm not sure." I lied, "That's all he told me to do. You in?"

"Of course I'm in! I miss him!"

"I'll pack up my belongings and I'll head over to Emma's address. What is it, again?"

While she texted me the address, I made my way over to see Emma and Chloe until tomorrow evening.