7.

After telling Galina that I was going to get a divorce with her, she immediately started having a victim mentality in which sent me into nothing but frustration. I loved Galina with everything that I had, but I wasn't going to keep dealing with her narcissistic behavior anymore. It was getting out of hand regardless of the marriage counseling and whatnot.

I need a fucking break...

The first person I needed to call was Colby. Of course, he was always my best friend who understood my frustrations when it came to Galina and among other things. I was in a horrible mindset after everything that unraveled earlier at the house.

"What's up, Joe?" Colby asked.

"Feeling like shit, wanna know why?"

"Why, man?"

"For starters, Galina and I tried to go out to a little restaurant in Pensacola in order to rekindle the spark between us and guess what? She went off on me out of nowhere and no matter how much I tried to compromise with her and make amends, she slaps me across the face. I looked her in the eyes with coldness and an unreadable facial expression on my face. I decided to put it bluntly and told her that I wanted a divorce."

"Whoa man." Colby said in shock, "How did she react?"

"Oh, she was saddened but what else am I supposed to do, man? I've done literally everything for her and nothing ever worked; so I'm about to finalize this divorce pretty soon after sending her the divorce papers and I'm gonna be done with it all."

"I understand." He paused, "How are you feeling after all of that?"

"Pissed, confused, hurt; everything, really."

"Damn. If you need somewhere to stay then Rebecca and I can take you in for the meantime."

"Nah, I appreciate it Colby." I cleared my throat, "I'm probably gonna stay with a friend."

"Who do you plan on staying with?"

I was planning on asking Chloe if I could stay with her until I could get back on my feet. Of course, I knew that I could buy myself a brand new house because of money never being an issue to me; yet I felt so attracted towards her.

Something about Chloe was alluring. I couldn't get over how her medium-length hair that cascaded over her shoulders and that beautiful smile that she had. She was downright gorgeous.

With Galina, I loved her; but I couldn't handle the constant verbal, emotional, and mental abuse. This has been an ongoing cycle for the longest time and I'm thankful that I finally manned up and that the divorce was about to be finalized very soon.

I was stuck in a sudden trance until I heard Colby's voice emerge from the phone's speaker.

"Um Joe. You good, man?"

"Yeah, I was just doing some thinking."

"Ah well, who's the friend in particular that you're planning to stay with."

"Between the both of us, I wanted to stay with Chloe."

"You really wanna hit that pussy, don't you?" He cackled.

"No, Colby." I shook my head, "I just think she's a good friend and she's helped me a ton with wanting to go through this divorce with Galina."

"Alright man, I'll believe you but you barely know this girl? What if she's some serial killer?"

I chuckled, "Nah, she's nowhere close to that anyways. You've met her backstage, remember?"

"Yes Joe, I remember. But that doesn't mean she can't be-"