8.

A few days have passed and to my surprise, it feels weird being known as the single man once again. I had a feeling that Galina wasn't going to give up that easily; given her manipulation tactics, but I didn't care; nor did I give a shit because she doesn't matter to me anymore.

After I left the hotel and focused on some of my wrestling matches, I decided on paying Chloe a small visit for awhile in Toronto until I felt more capable of getting my own place again.

"Hey Joe." She smiled.

"Hey, it's nice to see you again."

I reeled Chloe into a hug for a moment.

"How are you taking the divorce?"

"Eh." I shrugged, "I'm still managing but I'll survive either way."

"I'm sorry for the way she's been treating you. I'm thankful that you're finally out of that toxic marriage."

"Yeah, me too."

"So you're gonna be staying for awhile?"

I nodded, "Mhm. Just for maybe a week or two at the most. I decided on taking a small break from wrestling for a week just to gather my thoughts after everything that's been happening."

"I understand. But because you're a single man again, that means you can focus on yourself and prioritize your career."

"I'm thankful for that." I replied, sitting on the couch next to Chloe with a warm smile on my face.

"While you're here Joe, make yourself feel at home and you're free to have anything to eat or drink in the kitchen."

"I appreciate this. I would've stayed with one of my closest friends, but he has a wife and a child and I don't wanna be a burden to them."

"I doubt that you'll be a burden. You're not a burden to me."

I looked over at her as she flashed her beautiful smile. I was immediately mesmerized.

"Wow, I just realized how much of a beautiful smile you have."

"Thank you. I love yours too."

After awhile of holding a conversation, Chloe and I decided on putting on something to watch in the meantime before it was time to get some sleep for the night.

An hour passed and I glanced over to see her slightly trembling next to me. Concerned, I asked, "Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I get cold easily."

I crooked a smile, "You know, I have a solution to your problem."

"What do you mean? I can bring in some blankets and turn up the heat in the house."

"Come here." I said, throwing my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer towards me.

She didn't hesitate.

"Consider this a friendly cuddle." I laughed.

"For sure."

We continued to watch the series of Stranger Things until I realized she had fallen asleep in my arms.

While I didn't mind Chloe being asleep, I laid down on the couch and pulled her closer to my chest without hesitation and fell asleep with her, making sure that she felt safe with me the entire night.

Chloe
I was enjoying my time with Joe. I'm still surprised that we met after the show not too long ago and here we are, spending quality time together and getting to know one another.

It wasn't long until I passed out. I tried to keep my eyes opened to watch what happened next on the TV; but to no avail. I felt my eyes beginning to drop and before I knew it, I fell asleep in Joe's arms on the couch.