18.

Chloe
I was terrified after what happened between Joshua and I from earlier. Joe was very understanding and always held me close to him whenever I needed it.

"I promise you, Chloe, that I'm never gonna let anything happen to you." He kissed my forehead, "I promise."

I remained silent. I was terrified of Joshua after the things he'd put me through in the past. Manipulation, abuse, trauma; you name it.

Joe looked down at me as my face was buried into his chest. He understood that I was silent for a reason and continued to rub his hand around my back in attempt to comfort me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

I replied, "I'm starting to feel better."

A warm smile began to form around his face, "Good. I don't want you to feel scared anymore, baby." His voice deepened, "I wanna make you smile, make you feel like a queen; spoil you on the daily and make you forget all about that punk ass bitch."

"You don't have to do all of that."

"Oh?" He crooked a smile, "How about this?"

Joe leaned down and started pressing his lips around my neck and started to give me a small hickey.

"I wanna show others that you're mine. I wanna make my mark on that pretty little neck of yours." He said with a deepened voice once more.

"Mmm." I said, attempting to hold back a slight moan. "Fuck, Joe."

"What was that, baby?" He asked.

"Nothing."

He chuckled, "I understand. I just want to make you feel better after everything that's happened."

"You already have."

"I did? How?"

"Just holding me, giving me comfort; stuff like that."

"Basically—The little things make you smile."

"Yeah. I don't need the money or the fame once we come out publicly as a couple; just being with you is all I want."

"At least someone loves me for me and not what they can get out of me."

"Of course. Why would I love you for materialistic things?"

He sighed.

"Well, Galina always loved getting expensive things. I understand almost every girl loves having luxury things such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and even Chanel, but she was asking every single day for something from either one of those stores. Sometimes all at once."

"Wow, I wouldn't do that to you, Joe." I replied. "I know you make a lot of money but I wouldn't really ask for those things because I'm not into expensive items like a Gucci wallet or a Chanel purse. The little things matter the most instead of materialistic stuff."

He looked over at me with a warm smile. Joe must've been shocked to know that I'm a woman who doesn't really care for the materialistic things like most women.

After we discussed some things, we went into my bedroom and we started to watch some movies together for the next few hours.