93.

We all walked into the house, feeling relieved that Joe was going to be okay after everything that happened until Emma charged towards us in her embrace. She looked concerned about Joe's well-being ever since I rushed out to the hospital with his cousins.

"Chloe!" Emma said, "How's Joe?"

"It was a lot to take in, Emma, but we have some news that we need to share with you."

"Yeah, sure."

As we all walked down the foyer and into the living room, I couldn't help but to notice that Alani was quiet and so was Zeus. It wasn't like Zeus to always be silent after arriving back to the house.

"Is Alani asleep in her bedroom?"

She nods, "Yeah, and Zeus decided to sleep on the floor in her bedroom. He really loves your daughter and refused to leave her side while you were gone to find Joe."

We all sat down on the couch and all three of Joe's cousins remained silent.

"Hey, what's going on with everyone?" Emma asked.

"It's been quite a scare. They're just processing everything that happened recently; and honestly, so am I."

"You're scaring me, girl." She paused, "Chloe, tell me everything."

"For one, Joe almost died in the hospital."

"What? No! Is he alright?"

"Thankfully. However, the Police Department wasn't any help. All they said to us was that Joe was taken over to the Toronto General Hospital and when we arrived, they had us believing that Joe was on his deathbed and taking his last breaths before he died."

"Oh my God." Emma choked up, "How is he now?"

"Allow me to explain everything."

I took a moment and cleared my throat, making sure that I was prepared to tell my best friend about the recent events that had occurred overnight.

"When we made it over to the hospital, I rushed over towards Joe's room and I seen him laying inside of a hospital bed. His face was busted open. His nose was bruised, and he looked rough. His hair was messy and tangled, and then his beard had blood mixed in with it. His heart monitor started saying that his heart rate started to decrease and for a moment, he actually died and it was a miracle that he came back. I was screaming and sobbing uncontrollably at the sight until it started signaling that Joe's heart started to beat like before."

"That's horrible. I'm so glad that Joe's still alive. What caused all of this to happen to him?"

We all remained silent and I dropped my head in defeat.

"It's hard to explain, really." I paused, "Apparently, the hitman that was after Joe and I had some henchmen that found where he was located after he left SmackDown and from what Joe told me after he woke up, they were coming after me and our daughter. Joe said that he didn't go down without a fight and didn't hesitate on killing everyone in sight. He was stopped by two men who said they had evidence that Joe had killed the hitman named Dante that was determined to kill us that night. What makes it worse is that Joshua and his ex-wife, Galina, were behind all of this and plotted everything. They paid over three-grand just to have us killed. And I remember Dante admitting to that before Joe shot him in the head."

"What the fuck? I don't understand how they could've found Joe's location." She paused, "Unless..."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you think his ex-wife is behind all of this?"

"I don't think so, Emma." I shook my head, "She was sent to prison after Joe killed Joshua. And that was the same night where I ended up miscarrying our first child." I said with my eyes beginning to well-up in tears.