002. jericho

They're at the gas station and the car is filling up while Dean is inside getting food. Sam sits in the passenger seat and going through Dean's box of cassette tapes. Natalie and Ophelia are in the backseat and using a coloring book, working on two different pictures while Ophelia asks her aunt all the questions she can.

"Do you love Noah?" Ophelia asks, the current topic being Natalie's boyfriend.

"Very much." Natalie nods.

"Is he your Prince Charming?" Ophelia asks with an excited smile. Natalie softly smiles at her fairytale focused mind.

"Yeah. Yeah, he is." Natalie softly answers with a loving smile. Ophelia smiles, able to feel the love her aunt has for the man.

"Hey!" Dean calls. "You want breakfast?" Dean holds up some food.

"No, thanks." Sam says, grimacing at the unhealthy options.

Dean opens the back door and gives Ophelia a strawberry milk and cinnamon roll which she accepts with a grin.

"Natty?" Dean asks.

"What do you got?" Natalie asks. Dean hands her a honey bun and an orange juice, Natalie taking them.

"You're welcome." Dean tells her, but she just waves him off.

"So how'd you pay for this stuff? You and dad still running credit card scams?" Sam asks as Dean puts the nozzle out of the tank and puts it back, shutting the gas tank.

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career." Dean says, getting in. "Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us the cards."

"Yeah? And what names did you write on the application this time?" Sam asks, shutting his door.

"Uh, Burt Aframian, and his son, Hector. Scored two cards out of the deal." Dean says.

"That sounds about right." Sam comments. "I swear, man, you've gotta update your cassette collection."

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Well, for one, they're cassette tapes. And two," Sam picks a tape up. "Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica?" Dean takes the last tape from him. "It's the greatest hits of mullet rock." As Dean pops the tape in.

"Well, house rules, Sammy." Sam says.

"Oh, God." Natalie rolls her eyes.

"Driver picks the music..." Dean points back to Ophelia.

"Shotgun shuts his cakehole!" Ophelia recites, her mouth full of cinnamon roll and she grins. Natalie both smiles at her cuteness and grimaces at her mouth full of food.

"That's my girl." Dean grins.

"You know, Sammy is a chubby twelve year old. It's Sam, okay?" He corrects.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. The music's too loud." Dean smirks as he turns the volume up.

+++

"Thank you." Sam hangs his phone up. "All right. So, there's no one matching dad's description at the hospital or morgue. So that's something, I guess."

"Check it out." Dean pulls to a stop and they look over at a bridge where two police cars are with several officers out, an abandoned car in the middle of the bridge. Dean turns the engine off and opens the glove box, pulling out a box of IDs.

He picks one out, grinning at his younger siblings.

"Stay here, O." Dean tells her. "Let's go." Dean says, getting out. Sam and Natalie look at each other, both rolling their eyes, and following their brother.