048. werewolf love

"This lawyer guy the first heart free corpse in town?" Dean asks Sam while he sits on the bed, cleaning his guns. Ophelia sits by him, watching him clean the guns, not having much else to do.

"First man. Over the past year, several women have gone missing. Dead bodies all washed up later in the bay, too deteriorated to draw firm conclusions." Sam says, getting a beer.

"But no hearts?" Dean asks.

"No hearts. They were all hookers working Hunter's Point. Now, cops are trying to keep things under wraps, but they're looking for a serial killer." Sam says.

"And the lunar cycle?" Dean asks.

"Mm-hmm, yeah, month after month, all the murders happen in the week leading up to the full moon." Sam says.

"Which is this week, right?" Dean asks.

"Hence the lawyer."

"Awesome." Dean grins.

"Dean, could you be a bigger geek about this?" Sam asks.

"I'm sorry, man, but what about a human by day, a freak animal killing machine by moonlight don't you understand? I mean, werewolves are badass. We haven't seen one since we were kids." Dean says.

"Okay, Sparky. And you know what? After we kill it, we can go to Disneyland." Sam jokes.

"It isn't that exciting." Natalie says.

"Nat, we haven't seen one in--"

"I know when we last saw one, Dean." Natalie sneers. She gets up, walking to the kitchen area, missing Sam's apologetic glance.

"You know what the best part about it is? We already know how to bring these suckers down." Dean holds up a silver bullet. "One of these bad boys right to the heart."

"Take it down a couple notches." Sam mutters.

"Wha--" Dean starts, but remembers the last werewolf. "Right. Yeah. Okay." He mumbles.

"So, what's our next move?" Dean asks.

"Talk to the girl who found the body." Sam says.

+++

"I don't understand. I already gave my statement." Madison says, leading the three siblings into her apartment.

"Right, well, we just need to verify a few things." Sam says.

"This is my neighbor, Glen." Madison informs, motioning to the guy who stands up from the couch. "Glen, this is Detective..."

"Landis. And Detective Dante." He slaps Sam on the back. "Detective Wadleigh." He points to Natalie.

"Well, I guess I'll leave you to it." Glen says.

"Okay. Thanks for the casserole." Madison tells him.

"Oh, how thoughtful." Dean comments.

"Just call if you need anything." Glen says before leaving.

"He's sweet. He came over to check on me." Madison says. "Have a seat." She says, the four sitting at the kitchen table.

"You must be pretty shaken up. You were Nate Mulligan's assistant, right?" Sam asks.

"For two years, yeah." Madison nods.

"So, you knew all about him?" Dean asks.

"Probably knew more about him than he did. Nate was... he was nice." Madison says.

"But?" Sam asks.

"Nothing, really. I-- get a few scotches in him, and he'd start hitting on anyone in a five mile radius. You know the type." Madison says.