098. 1978

Cas draws a symbol in chalk on the table.

"Really? Anna? I don't believe it." Dean says.

"It's true." Cas says.

"So she's gone all Glenn Close, huh? That's awesome." Dean says. Cas straightens up, confused.

"Who's Glenn Close?" Cas asks.

"No one, just this psycho bitch who likes to boil rabbits." Dean says.

"So the plan to kill me, would it actually stop Satan?" Sam asks.

"Sam." Natalie gives him a look.

"No, Sam, come on." Dean looks at his brother.

"Cas, what do you think? Does Anna have a point?" Sam asks, ignoring his siblings.

"No. She's, uh... Glenn Close." Cas says.

"I don't get it. We're looking for the chick that wants to gank Sam." Dean says. "Why poke the bear?"

"Anna will keep trying. She won't give up until Sam is dead. So we kill her first." Castiel says, pouring an oil into the bowl he has on the table. "Zod ah ma ra la ee est la gi ro sa."

The bowl shoots red flame as Cas steps away, leaning on the back of a chair, his eyes closing and he breathes heavily as the others give him worried looks.

"I've found her." Castiel says, looking at them.

"Where is she?" Dean asks.

"Not where. When. It's 1978." Cas informs.

"What? Why 1978? I wasn't even born yet." Sam says.

"Dean wasn't even born then." Natalie adds.

"True, but he was a bun in the oven." Ophelia comments.

"None of you will be if she kills your parents." Cas tells them.

"What?" The twins ask.

"Anna can't get to you because of me. So she's going after them." Cas reveals.

"Take us back right now." Dean demands.

"And deliver you right to Anna? I should go alone." Cas says.

"They're our parents. Cas, we're going." Dean tells him.

"It's not that easy." Cas tells them.

"Why not?" Sam asks.

"Time travel was difficult even with the powers of Heaven at my disposal." Cas says.

"Which got cut off." Sam notes.

"So, what, you're like a Delorean without enough plutonium?" Dean questions.

"I don't understand that reference. But I'm telling you, taking this trip, with passengers no less, it'll weaken me." Cas states.

"They're our mom and dad. If we can save them, and not just from Anna... I mean if we can set things right, we have to try." Dean says.

"I'm up for saving mom." Natalie says.

"Whoa, whoa, uh... can-- can pregnant people time travel?" Jacob asks.

"Yes, pregnant women can time travel, Jacob." Natalie says. "Right?" She turns to Cas.

"I... I suppose, so. I've-- I've never dealt with this before. I can't take all of you." Cas says.

"So he'll take me, Sam, and Dean. You four stay back." Natalie says.

"Natty..." Jacob starts.

"It's my mom." She states. Jacob nods, understanding, and he kisses her on the forehead.