081. torture

"Ruby will meet us outside Cheyenne." Sam says as he drives the Impala. "She's been tracking some leads. I know she's not exactly on your Christmas list, but if she can help us get to Lilith--"

"Hey, man, work with Ruby, don't. I don't really give a rat's ass." Dean says.

"What's your problem?" Sam asks.

"Pamela didn't want anything to do with this and we dragged her back into it, Sam." Dean says.

"She knew what was at stake."

"Oh, yeah. Saving the world. And we're doing such a damn good job of it."

"Dean--"

"I'm tired of burying friends, Sam."

"Look, we catch a fresh trail--"

"And we follow it, I know. Like I said, I'm just-- I'm just getting tired."

"Well, get angry."

"How about we all just shut up? Hmm? Feel whatever emotion you want in silence." Natalie suggests.

+++

They get back to the motel.

"Ah, home shitty home." Dean says. Sam flips the light switch on.

"Winchesters, Harvelle, and Brewster." They see Uriel and Castiel. Dean immediately yanks Ophelia behind him. Libby hugs her dad's leg, Sam putting a hand on her back.

"Dickheads!" Jacob grins.

"Oh, come on." Dean groans.

"You are needed." Uriel says.

"And you are incredibly annoying." Natalie retorts.

"Needed? We just got back from needed." Dean says.

"Now, you mind your tones with me." Uriel says.

"I'm not gonna mind shit." Natalie says.

"Um, yeah, ditto." Jacob nods.

"No, you mind your tone with us." Dean argues.

"We just got back from Pamela's funeral." Sam informs.

"Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her. Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five fucking minutes!"

"We raised you out of Hell for our purposes."

"Yeah, what were those again? What exactly did you want from me?"

"Start with gratitude."

"Oh."

"Dean, we know this is difficult to understand." Cas says.

"And we--" Uriel gives Cas a look. "--don't care. Now, seven angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight."

"Well, my condolences. Now, fuck off." Natalie gives them an annoyed smile.

"Demons? how they doing it?" Dean asks.

"We don't know." Uriel says.

"I'm sorry, but what do you want us to do about it? I mean, a demon with the juice to ice angels has to be out of our league, right?" Sam asks.

"We can handle the demons, thank you very much." Uriel says.

"Once we find whoever it is." Cas says.

"So you need our help hunting a demon?" Sam asks.