035. death omen

Dean, Ophelia, and Natalie are sitting at a table outside a cafe. Dean reading a newspaper and Ophelia is leaning her head against his arm to look at the newspaper. Natalie is people watching, waiting for Sam to get back with her food.

Natalie turns around when she hears familiar giggles.

"Bessie. Elizabeth." Sam hisses. "Elizabeth, slow down." He's rushing after her, trying to balance the drinks and breakfast.

Libby reaches the table and turns to Sam, innocently grinning up at him as he walks over. Sam puts all the stuff down on the table. Sam pulls the middle chair out and then lifts Libby up on it, making her stand on it. He leans down so he's closer to her face.

"Do not do that again. When I tell you to stop, you stop." Sam tells her, his voice firm but gentle.

"Otay." Libby smiles. Sam sighs, knowing it won't be the last time.

"I mean it, Elizabeth." Sam warns.

Libby leans forward and brushes her nose against his. Sam feels some of the annoyance leave his body and he notices some of the tension leave his shoulders.

Libby pulls away, making sure her eyes are in full puppy dog effect and she cutely grins. Sam quietly sighs, softly smiling at her.

"Sit down and eat your breakfast." Sam tells her. He puts her on her butt and pushes the chair in.

"Weak." Natalie coughs out. Sam gently smacks her over the head and she slaps him in the arm.

Sam gives Libby her chocolate milk and banana nut muffin. Natalie already got her stuff and gave Ophelia her chocolate chip muffin and strawberry milk.

Sam sits across from Dean, giving his brother one of the coffees, and keeping the other one for himself.

"Anthony Giles." Dean states, giving Sam the newspaper.

"Who's Anthony Giles?" Sam asks.

"He's a Baltimore lawyer. Working late in his office, check it out." Dean says.

"Uh... throat was slit, room was clean. Huh. No DNA, no prints." Sam says, glancing over the article.

"Keep reading, it gets better." Dean says.

"Security cameras failed to capture footage of the assailant." Sam says.

"So I'm thinking either somebody tampered with the tapes--"

"Or it's an invisible killer."

"My favorite kind. What do you think, Scully? You wanna check it out?"

"I'm not Scully, you're Scully." Sam retorts.

"No, I'm Mulder. You're a red-headed woman." Dean states.

"Who the hell am I?" Natalie asks.

"I don't know." Dean shrugs.

They all get their stuff and start to leave. Sam grabs Libby's half finished muffin, but turns when he hears running.

"Elizabeth, I told you to stop!" Sam calls, running after her.

+++

It's nighttime and they get to Anthony's office, sneaking in. Sam shines his flashlight around, finding a pool of blood.

"Hey. Anthony Giles' body was found right about here." Sam says. ""Throat slit so deep part of his spinal cord was visible."" He reads and Dean whistles.

"What do you think? Vengeful spirit? Underlining vengeful?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, maybe. I mean, he did see that woman at the foot of his bed." Sam says.