013. bugs

They get to the gas and power company, approaching Travis. Sam is holding Libby and Dean is holding Ophelia.

"Travis Weaver?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, that's right." He confirms.

"Are you the Travis who worked with Uncle Dusty?" Dean asks.

"Dustin never mentioned nephews or a niece." Travis says.

"Really? Well, he sure mentioned you. He said you were the greatest." Dean says, the twins agreeing.

"Oh, he did?" Travis smiles. "Huh."

"Listen, we wanted to ask you... what exactly happened out there?"

"I'm not sure. He fell in a sinkhole, I went to the truck to get some rope, and, uh... by the time I got back..."

"What did you see?" Dean asks.

"Nothin'. Just Dustin." Travis says.

"No wounds or anything?" Sam asks.

"Well, he was bleeding... from his eyes and his ears, his nose. But that's it." Travis says.

"So you think it could be this whole mad cow thing?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. That's what the doctors are sayin'." Travis says.

"But if it was, he would've acted strange beforehand, like dementia, loss of motor control. You ever notice anything like that?" Sam asks.

"No. No way. But then again, if it wasn't some disease, what the hell was it?" Travis questions.

"That's a good question." Dean says.

"You can, can you tell us where this happened?" Sam asks.

"Yeah." Travis nods.

~ ~ ~

They get to where Dustin died and the two kids stay in the car while the siblings go over to the hole.

"Huh. What do you think?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. But if that guy Travis was right, it happened pretty damn fast." Sam says as they duck under the police tape.

"So, what? Some sort of creature chewed on his brain?" Dean asks.

"No, there'd be an entry wound. Sounds like this thing worked from the inside." Sam says.

"Huh. Looks like there's only room for one. You wanna flip a coin?" Dean asks.

"Dean, we have no idea what's down there." Sam says.

"All right, I'll go if you guys are scared. You scared? I mean, we know Natty's scared." Dean smirks.

"I am not scared." She argues.

"Oh, really? So you have no problem going down there? With all the-- all the bugs and creatures and dirt." Dean says.

"No." Natalie answers, but Dean can see right through her.

"Uh-huh." He hums.

"Flip the fucking coin." Natalie demands. Dean laughs, taking a quarter out.

"All right, call it in the air... chickens." Dean flips the coin and Natalie catches it midair.

"I'm not scared." She says. "I will handle this way better than you could ever handle a plane."

"Okay." Dean scoffs. Natalie starts tying the rope around her waist.

"You two better not fucking drop me." Natalie warns.