053. groups of seven

It's been one week since the gates of Hell opened. Larissa and Jacob are living with Bobby for a bit, though Ellen left.

Sam managed to get Libby to talk to him about everything that happened while Azazel had her. His heart broke when she told him about how he'd hit her if she didn't do what he wanted and him feeding her demon blood. Sam made plenty of reassurances that it wasn't her fault and there's nothing for her to be blamed for.

Libby mentioned her powers and how it takes a lot of concentration for her to be able to use them.

She's been attached to him ever since, only leaving his side if she absolutely has to. Her sleep schedule is all over the place due to nightmares and not wanting to fall asleep so she doesn't get more nightmares.

The two kids still don't know about Dean's deal, any adults waiting to talk about it until they're not in the room. They dodge any questions that Ophelia gives them, just changing the subject or leaving the room with some random excuse. Libby doesn't even know Sam died so she's not as confused or persistent as her cousin.

Currently, Sam is sitting in the passenger seat and using his flashlight to read a large book. Libby is on his lap and cuddling Eeyore while sleeping. Ophelia is asleep in the backseat, lying down with her head on Natalie's lap, a small blanket covering her. Natalie is half asleep, her head leaning against the window.

Sam looks up at the motel room window where Dean is. Dean grins and gives Sam a double thumbs up making Sam quietly laugh and shake his head. A woman walks up to Dean and he shuts the curtains, but Sam is able to see their shadows as they undress each other.

Sam returns his attention back to the book when his phone rings. He quickly grabs it and answers it.

"Hello." Sam greets, glancing around to make sure the others didn't wake up.

"Hey, Sam." Bobby's voice comes through.

"Hey, Bobby." Sam says.

"Whatcha doing?" Bobby asks.

"Oh, same old, same old." Sam says.

"You buried in that book again?" Bobby asks and Sam grimaces, not giving the man an answer. "Sam, you want to break Dean free of that demon deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book."

"Then where, Bobby?" Sam asks.

"Kid, I wish I knew. So where's your brother?" Bobby asks.

"Polling the electorate." Sam says.

"What?" Bobby asks.

"Never mind." Sam dismisses.

"Well, you boys better pack it up. I think I finally found something." Bobby says.

After hanging up, Sam sighs, grimacing when he knows he'll have to go the motel room. He glances back and sees Natalie asleep, knowing it has to be him.

Sam puts the book up and carefully gets out of the car, gently shutting the door. He's still holding Libby, not wanting her to wake up and freak out when she doesn't find him. Plus, she seems to wake up as if she's able to sense that he's gone.

Sam knocks on the door and slowly opens it.

"Dean?" Sam calls. "Dean, you-you conscious? Bobby called, and he thinks that maybe we--" Sam stops at the sight in front of him, thankful Libby's asleep. "Oh, God."

~ ~ ~

"Let me see your knife." Sam says as Dean drives.

"What for?" Dean asks.

"So I can gouge my eyes out." Sam says.

"It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam." Dean says.

"It's a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean." Sam says making Dean chuckle.