071. rougarou

"Are you sure that's him?" Dean asks, watching the man get a beer out of the fridge. The group are in the Impala and the kids are still asleep, Larissa also now asleep, her head on Jacob's shoulder.

"Only Jack Montgomery in town." Sam says.

"And we're looking for..." Dean trails off.

"Travis said to keep an eye out for anything weird." Sam says.

"Weird?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Alright, well, yeah, I've seen big weird, little weird, weird with crazy on top. But this guy? I mean, come on, this guy's boring." Dean says.

"I don't know, Dean. Travis seemed pretty sure." Sam says.

They watch through binoculars as Jack starts to dig through the fridge. He takes some leftover chicken out and eats it with his hands. He eats as if he hasn't had food in days. He sets the empty plate aside and grabs a pack of raw, uncooked meat. He tears the plastic open and starts devouring the raw meat.

"Oh, God, I'm gonna puke." Jacob mutters, lowering the binoculars.

"Gross." Natalie whispers.

"I'd say that qualifies as weird." Sam comments.

+++

Dean pulls up to the motel and gets out before carefully pulling Ophelia out, the girl stirring as Dean holds her.

"You're good, princess. Go back to sleep." Dean whispers. Ophelia nuzzles her face into the crook of his neck, letting out a small sigh as she falls back asleep.

Natalie gets out and gets Libby out of her booster seat, holding her, the girl staying asleep. She grabs Libby's backpack that's full of things to entertain the child.

"Can you get our stuff?" She quietly asks her boyfriend.

"Yeah." Jacob nods, grabbing his bag and Natalie's and Libby's bags.

Larissa, Jacob, and Natalie go to one room and put their stuff up. Natalie doesn't put Libby down, not wanting to leave her in the room alone. They go next door to where Travis is greeting the brothers and Dean has put Ophelia on one of the beds.

"Little Natty." Travis says, noticing her.

"Hey." She says, glad to be holding Libby so he can't hug her.

"How long has it been?" Travis asks.

"Ah, gotta be ten years." Sam says.

"You still a... oh, what was it? A mathlete?" Travis asks.

"No." Sam answers with a small scoff.

"Yep, sure is." Dean smiles.

"Been too long, kids. I mean, look at you. Grown men, grown woman. John would have been damn proud of you. Sticking together like this." Travis says.

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I'm sure." Natalie mumbles.

"Yeah. Yeah, we're as thick as thieves." Dean says, looking at Sam, whose smile disappears. Natalie elbows Dean's arm. "Nothing more important than family."

"And you two are, uh..." Travis trails off as he glances between Jacob and Larissa. "Aren't you William's little boy?"

"Yeah. Uh, ye-yeah." Jacob nods, shaking Travis' hand.

"And you're Larissa? The adopted one?" Travis asks.

"Uh... yeah." Larissa nods. "Hi."

"Little insensitive." Sam mumbles under his breath.